Changes to commenting

Dark0ne

The commenting system on files and images in the database has been changed. You should no longer receive a pop-up form to fill-in but instead a form will become available on the same page for you to submit. Upon submitting your comments they should become visible without the need to refresh the page yourself.

In a similar vein the "Vote for this file" and "Track this file" links on all sites have now been ajax'ified and should now pop-up in their own little notification windows.

These changes were tested on IE, Fire Fox and Chrome in various resolutions. If you come across a problem first press Ctrl + F5 in your browser; this will refresh all the content on the page from scratch rather than using your browser cache. If the problem persists please provide feedback containing the problem and how to replicate it, what browser you're using, what version of the browser you are using and at what screen resolution you're running at.

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful change my friend, I like it! Many thanks! So far with the little testing I've done, I haven't spoted any errors or other problems(I'm using the latest version of Firefox). I only had to refresh the page once, becouse I could not submit my post, but only once.

A great new feature Dark0ne! :D

I really like this one! (Like all features you add^^)

It makes commenting much easier!

Any chance you will change this for Article Comments as well, like this one?

Only problem I can see is when you edit a post it squashes all your text up and removes spaces and whatnot. Same in PM messages for a long time (most likely forum too). It's a nice feature, but it's just my above complaint that annoys me.

Also can you implement it so we don't have to sign in again to the forum if we want to post or view messages? Signing in twice takes more time and is annoying. Surely you can just implement it so you sign in once and you can access the forums without signing in again?

Only problem I can see is when you edit a post it squashes all your text up and removes spaces and whatnot.

I can't replicate this. On what site? Provide an example post to edit that isn't working for you.