The Nexus State of the Union - 2015

Dark0ne

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #21508324. #21519829, #21519924, #21520684 are all replies on the same post.

The one thing I do worry about is that it won't work with the scripting system without a hellish amount of tweaking and troubles - which is what I got with MO.

I enjoy being able to open the CK, and compile scripts and have them go to Scripts/Source and Scripts. And not have to do something crazy annoying to have to open them - even for normal mods. I suppose the solution (if it's like MO) is just not to use profiles. But I do love profiles. Scripting is just a large part of what I do as a modder.

At the very least, good documentation to get it set up (including with third party compilers).

In response to post #21508324. #21519829, #21519924, #21520684, #21524904, #21530079 are all replies on the same post.

So a virtual file system like what MO uses?

A VFS without the DLL hacking.

Would you care to elaborate?

I think what DD is trying to say is; we don't know about the troubles you speak of with MO, so if you could describe it better we can let you know if it'll be an issue with NMM.

All the hard work sounds like it's finally paid off! Congrats Nexus Team! Thank you for all the work you've put into keeping the site stable, accessible, and up and running!

In response to post #21508324. #21519829, #21519924, #21520684, #21524904, #21530079, #21530884 are all replies on the same post.

Dunno what Matt wants from it, but IMO as long as it doesn't enable the kind of mess people can make out of BSA files it should be good.

By "mess" I mean don't give people ways to extract the things loose into the VFS and don't enable people to circumvent how load order works with BSAs. Bethesda went to a great deal of trouble to get BSA contents to load according to the ESM/ESP load order and troubleshooting when people intentionally break this is a huge pain.