New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently downloaded Highway 95 Radio Mod but it was removed for some reason. My assumption is that it was plagiarized from another mod, because it sounded awfully familiar, but I can't remember which one. Does anyone know anything about the origins of this radio?

Just guessing, but if it didn't use songs from the game, then it was probably removed for copyright violations. Anything published in the last 100 years or so was given an automatic copyright of 50-100 years after the author's death by international law. (Longer for joint authors. The exact period varies by country of jurisdiction.) What this effectively means is that no music is "freely usable" unless the author explicitly says so. You can use songs from the specific game in question because the publisher has obtained that permission. But not from other games in the series, because the publisher doesn't have and can't extend that "distribution permission" beyond the game in question. (See the Wikipedia articles on "Copyright" and "Software Copyright". Something every mod creator needs to be aware of.)

-Dubious-

Thanks for the reply, but copyright infringement wasn't the point of my question. I am aware of how it works, what I meant was that I heard this radio as a part of some other mod before, I simply cannot recall which one. Edited by boonelainima

Your best bet in that case is to remember at least one song common to both mods (that isn't "Big Iron"). That will give people some idea of where you might have heard it. Otherwise there are at least 126 different radio mods on Nexus you will need to hunt through for their playlists.

-Dubious-

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm trying to find a mod.

It was the ability to command your own squad of NCR-style rangers. (think they were factionless? like enclave commander)

I do remember that when a ranger fell in battle, you had the ability create a grave marked with their helmet on a rifle. It was on the front page in July, but now I can't seem to find it.

Edited by Southpaw217