Information Regarding Mods That Can Be Found Both On Nexus and As Paid Content on Steam Workshop.

Erinaea

I agree with a lot of what you said. My purpose for making this list is not to shame mod authors. That is why I do not name authors in my post, and I am giving authors every chance to explain their decisions if they feel as if their decisions require explaining. While you can argue their names are supplied in the links, there's nothing I can do about that. People can decide whatever they want regarding their opinion of the author. My purpose is just to let people know what is going on with the mod they love, and what the author is doing regarding updates (if they have moved to paid content updates only, that is).

I am honestly completely disheartened by the whole "paid mod" move. I love Skyrim as a game, and I love modders for everything they have added..but now I have zero desire to play it. It sucks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to Arissa the wandering rogue mod disappearing from the Steam workshop, I believe there was some concern over the outfit she was wearing.

Well, that's weird. I will leave it up there for now pending any changes. But if it remains gone for a bout a week, then I will take it off the list.

Everyone needs to hold up a second before making lists.

It's not, however, something to blame modders for.

I don't see how this list blames anyone for anything. The list is informative.

Why would a mod author not want to be on the list? Are they trying to hide the fact that they put their mod up on the steam workshop and took it off the nexus? Why would they want to hide that?

This list is basically free advertising for them; without it, many people might not have known where to go for the next update of any of these mods.

Reading the OP it is clear that they are staying completely neutral on the issues involved - let's not try to paint it otherwise.

Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul - Clouds was originally hosted here it has been hidden however so I'm unsure as to whether we'll see the return of this mod in the future.

As to Arissa the wandering rogue mod disappearing from the Steam workshop, I believe there was some concern over the outfit she was wearing.

Well, that's weird. I will leave it up there for now pending any changes. But if it remains gone for a bout a week, then I will take it off the list.

Chesko has removed all his content from the Workshop and does not intend to put it back.

Chesko has removed all his content from the Workshop and does not intend to put it back.

Do you have a source for this information? I saw his statements in a PCGamer article regarding the fishing mod he had removed. What other mods is he the author of?

The SkyUI team has stated that the next version of SkyUI (5.0) will be behind the paywall.

Ok, thank you. Found a quote from the mod author.

Edited by Erinaea