All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

These are posts by the entitled kiddies who - IMO, due to facebook influence - feel they absolutely MUST reply to or comment on everything. Whether they have anything useful to contribute or not. :rolleyes: Not one has ever made any contribution beyond a useless or snarky post. Mostly they are just showing their immaturity with these kind of posts. Many either move on or keep it up until they get banned. We do look at posting history - so a really snarky comment that may have just gotten a warning can become a full ban if they have a lot of these type posts.

I think you've hit the nail on the head right there. Thanks for this reply, I may quote it sometime.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple months back i got banned from chat for saying the N.. word, But now i am getting back into Skyrim and Modding and i really wan't to use chat again.

I am very sorry and have learned my lesson, what can i do to come be unbanned Nexus pls unban me :(

What's policy regarding avatars. I saw there was a function to add pictures from online url as your profile picture. Do you get in trouble even though it appears to allow function for any picture by using a picture that involves a movie, a picture taken by someone else ect. ? And how do I make sure I'm following the rules without thinking I'm following the rules but something un-obvious get's me banned or warned anyway? If I try to follow what I read above should I have nothing to worry about or should I tread very carefully and potentially not make some posts so as to be very safe? I'm asking anyone.

What's policy regarding avatars. I saw there was a function to add pictures from online url as your profile picture. Do you get in trouble even though it appears to allow function for any picture by using a picture that involves a movie, a picture taken by someone else ect. ? And how do I make sure I'm following the rules without thinking I'm following the rules but something un-obvious get's me banned or warned anyway? If I try to follow what I read above should I have nothing to worry about or should I tread very carefully and potentially not make some posts so as to be very safe? I'm asking anyone.

You must have missed this topic: Avatars and Signature Limits, which is one of those pinned to the top of this forum.

(NOTE: While it's not explictly stated, an obscene, inflammatory, or generally obnoxious avatar will get removed without notice and get a Warning issued.)

Hi Everyone,

I am definitely not a newbie and have read the ToS multiple times (yay!) but I can't find anywhere how you get your own funny title. Like yours, bben46, is "I had a title once, but I forgot what it was," and I've seen quite a few other non-moderators with funny titles. Do you have to reach a certain amount of posts, or what? I mean, before you get to choose your own. Maybe I just haven't earned it yet. I figured this was the best forum to ask that question--hopefully I was right.

Cheers,

siuan

@The Vampire Dante, thank you for the extremely quick response. That is what I figured. And I'm assuming it will be clear at that point how to do it? I am guessing I will reach there eventually, so I I'll just look forward to it.

@bben46, I just read some of your tech support, especially the one on fps, and I've been trying to tell everyone that more than 30-40 fps is completely pointless, and actually I find high fps uncomfortable. People are weird about fps--I really don't get it. Well whatevs, it's their lookout.

@Siuan

When it is time..go to the little drop down menu under your name up top..got to settings..profile settings..then there is a line about member title or something like that. Then you can change it there anytime you want..just remember to save your changes..and bam! Fun with member titles.

Hope this helps. :smile: