New Feature: File requirements

Dark0ne

Just finished going through all of the uploads associated with my account...most only "require" 7-Zip.

Since most of my mods are OMOD-Ready, OBMM is not a requirement...just a recommendation.

Looks like we could eventually use a requirements orphan report on the admin side that shows all mods listing other internal uploads as requirements that have since been deleted.

Thanks,

LHammonds

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that this is backwards. From what I've seen people link to a mod, but it doesn't add it to that particular files requirements. It adds a link to the mods that require it, but not on the actual mod (the one you're trying out). I'd like to have the links right on the mod that I'm trying to download.

Edited by KingShelby

Thanks D1

I wanted something like this for a while. I stopped allowing people to reup some of my assets to their own nexus accounts. Well currently really only my Star Wars stuff. This should make it less convoluted to people making things like NV mods and want to be using my stuff in them, so now my asset files can jst be a required file and it kinda becomes an easy to find feature, rather than a link hidden in descriptions or readmes.

@KingShelby: Theres should be a new tab on the page of any mod that has started using the feature called "Requirements"; if you click on that tab, it should provide the links to the required mods.

A suggestion:

Can the list of checkboxes with the official Bethesda stuff include a checkbox for "Official Oblivion Patch 1.2.0416" ?

I realize that probably shouldn't need to be there, but there are still people out there who may not be aware they require it to play many of the mods here and scratch their heads wondering why the mods they've downloaded just don't seem to work.

A suggestion:

Can the list of checkboxes with the official Bethesda stuff include a checkbox for "Official Oblivion Patch 1.2.0416" ?

I realize that probably shouldn't need to be there, but there are still people out there who may not be aware they require it to play many of the mods here and scratch their heads wondering why the mods they've downloaded just don't seem to work.

Better to have someplace for the author to provide "Minimum Patch Level Required", so that the menu itself doesn't have to get updated every time there's a new patch...

At the basic "design the system" level, these screens and menus are applied across all the games supported here on Nexus.

FYI - If you type that in the mods hosted on Nexus, you will find it listed. "Official Oblivion" is the most you need to type to see it (and others like the CS)

Yeah, those absent minded, lazy modders. Sheeeeeesh...

They act like they're doing us a favour just by creating their mods! :wallbash:

Enough with the sarcasm. I never called them lazy. I just think it's kind of ridiculous when they wouldn't just put a link there in the first place. Unless they were either purposely inconsiderate (People who put allot of time and effort into things can sometimes get stuck up about it. It happens.) or they forget (perfectly understandable) or they're foreign (which happens allot). If it's none of those, then rarely it can be because the other modder doesn't want anyone posting links to their mod anywhere, which is also stuck up nonsense. Most modders will add the links anyway, and for what few who do not add the links in the first place, I don't really think this would help unless it was mandatory, though again it does serve as a reminder.

Another reason this should be a helpful because people don't read the descriptions. Although those people are often beyond hope anyway. :confused:

Well I've just spewed a bunch of bull... :whistling: