⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

I am having a severe bit of Tinnitus now. What is it?

Maybe leftover noises echoing in my head?

You know; from Machine noise, Tinnitus noise, Dental Drill Noise, Music Noise, Singing Noise, Grinding Metal Noise, Construction and Destruction Noise, Tires rolling along the road Noise, Feet Padding along the sidewalks Noise. So much noise and so little time to learn all of the ways noise can be made. ;- )

I hear it also has something to do with blood pressure to, my cousin has Tinnitus and its driving him crazy, though under heavy meds it can be controlled, Fantastic read by the way. :thumbsup:

What's the zombie problem in general? We've all heard it before. But I just want to make it clear, "They're Dead, Jim!" Right! They are, but they have some sort of brain malfunction. Actually several brain malfunctions.

First of all they are still moving. Second of all, we all have this one, they're hungry. We eat a good belly full of food we get sluggish, even sleepy, and often have about a thirty minute nap. When a zombie eats it goes straight through them and their brain doesn't even know if they have a stomach and they keep searching for more to eat.

They don't need to rest in between meals or even brush after eating.

The big question is, "What is driving them?" We already know that they died or got some disease which turns them into a zombie. Agreed?

Well what if, now this is just a hypothetical if, what if when they died they found out that they could not be dead because no one would accept the blame for it? The reason they are dead isn't clear so when they became a dead person they weren't official approved as dead because no one wanted to take the blame for their death. And because the local's began squabbling over the facts about their possibly being dead their soul could not be laid to rest.

I just heard someone sigh a heavy sigh in the back of the morgue, but everyone in the morgue, except me, is dead. Well at least they are according to the examiner. At least the ones that we know died from natural causes are. It's the ones who keep getting attention from those around the city who aren't satisfied that they are dead which seem to be zombies.

What if they are just souls who had to come back to their bodies because the final decision was not made on how they died, what killed them, or who killed them? What if they can't leave their body until the coroner, the persons doctor, the court jury and judge, and the others involved all realize the final decision they are dead and how they died?

Let us say the magic words, "Natural Causes" don't work, because the person or persons did not die of natural causes and they have to hang around until someone provides proof they died of something not natural? All the while...there's another sigh in the room where we have to stand them in the freezer next to the examination chemicals. All the while they are suspended from dying because they were accidentally killed while thinking of what they were going to have for their next meal.

Now think about this for a moment. That would explain why they are following a certain individual until they catch them and bite them. Of course if they mangle the person along about the time they too are thinking about eating they create another zombie just like themselves. Now we have two!

...SIGH...

Don't worry I'll get to the point! Don't mind the sighing, they're my captive audience in my night shift job at the morgue. It all started one night when a schizophrenic managed to escape the fifth floor through the ventilation system. It was early one night. I was out consulting with the RN nurse about the noise coming from the morgue. I couldn't explain the noise and she thought I was making all the noise myself. The nurse and I suddenly became aware that what I was saying merited some attention on her part. The noise usually started at around 9 ish. When she was going off work and I was in the morgue. While I had just arrived that evening that the schizophrenic guy was squeezing his way through the ventilation system. I was just getting settled at my desk when the RN nurse barged in and demanded the security guard stay with me to see if the noise began while I had company.

Of course the noise had not started yet she wanted to prove I was the reason for all the noise.

I knew that even with the guard there a few sighs were going to be let out. Some say it is just natural for the dead body to let off air from pockets of air that are trapped in their corpse. The guard and I began playing some gin rummy. Now that schizophrenic had found a ventilation vent that led right into the fresh corpses space.

The guard and I heard a groan. I told him it was probably gas from one of the corpses cooling down. I said, "It's kind of like it farted." After a couple a loud sighs..."Yeah, yeah, I'm getting to that. Now just keep still until I am finished." Sorry! I was talking to someone else.

Well the guard heard a few more of the suspected sounds coming from the morgues cooling room and being satisfied he had heard enough he went to report to the doctor before she left for home. He stood up from our game of gin rummy and a loud farting occurred. Knowing what he knew then he was turning to leave when the RN nurse barged in and complained.

The guard was nice enough to her and boldly explained he was with me and the noise was truly from the corpses. He looked at me and said, "We've been playing gin rummy and several sounds from the cooling room were clear."

That's when she let loose a volley of sarcastic claims that the noise were nothing like what she had learned about gas releases during med school about corpses. The guard and I being mindless of her knowledge both grimaced at what she was saying.

While he was here with me and her I explained I have no idea what noises she was referring to. After her medical references about corpses and gas release she furthered our two's education. I was in shock at all the things I'd just learned. Not being a doctor of any profession I just assumed she was having a bad day. The guard had, had enough and left her alone with me.

After a few moments she realized I did not understand a word of what she was saying. After all, I did not need a medical education to be a night shift morgue attendant. She turned a bit red in the face and turned about departing from the morgue.

After she left... ...sigh... Wait a minute! I'm almost there with it. After she left I sat down and put my elbows up on the desk on top the cards laying there and placed my head in my hands. I stared blankly at the air between than. A few minutes passed. I started to feel strangely lonely. Depressed as I was after the tongue lashing I got I down right felt like I needed someone to talk to.

I sat up straight in my chair and began to wonder who I could talk to at this hour. While the clock ticked away on the wall making that kind of banging it does when it is near my quitting time I noticed it. I notice it was about 10 PM. I noticed that banging sound so clearly. All of sudden I realized what was going on that was so strange about that.

There wasn't a sigh, fart, or nothing that whole time I could hear the hammering of the clocks ticking.

I got up looked around. I wondered why it was so quiet.

I moved toward the cooling room where the fresh corpses were because 9 times out of 10 the sighs and such came out of there. I stood there quietly next to the door. I listened.

Nothing.

I walked to the desk chair. Stopped. Listened. I walked back toward the door. Please! I wasn't going in there unless I had business to. So I stood there by the door. Still for a moment. Nothing. I walked back to the desk and sat down in the chair. The place was so quiet the weird ticking sound started stroking my ears again.

Well, like I mentioned before the schizophrenic had escaped through the ventilation system that night.

While I was being alarmed by the clocks banging second hand I could have sworn I heard someone whispering.

Thankfully there's a little glass window in the door to the cooler room.

I got up from my chair real slow. I tip toed over to the doors. I slouched at the door and slowly raised to my full height so I could just see over the edge of the frosted glass. I could still hear the whispering.

I saw a guy and he was sitting on the floor. I did not know at the time he was not a corpse. They've done weirder stuff I assure you.

But this one I thought was a corpse clearly was whispering. I ducked down so he did not notice me and listened with my ear close to the door. I swear on a stack of bibles I heard another person whisper back to that guy. I took another peek and saw the guys head was looking to his right. That was a new one on me, cause corpses don't bend real easy. I barely moved. The guys head did a complete 90 degree turn to the other shoulder on his body. I ducked down again. I pressed my ear against the door and listened.

After a minute or two more I knew there was a conversation going on. I lifted myself up so I could see into the cooling room again. This time I was preparing to go in, but when I looked through the glass I saw the guy had a hospital patients outfit on. Clothes with a pocket on the shirt. That guy was still unaware I was there. He kept whispering. His voice changed several times so it seemed to me he was...morphing I think they call it...so I was able to see some little changes in his faces appearance.

I knew this guy was probably trouble so I ducked down and sneaked back to my chair and called security. When they got there they grabbed him and gently led him back to the ward.

They told me that he was a schizophrenic.

After they took him back to the ward, and I was alone, the occasional sighs and farts began again. I tell you if they had not I would have been driven mad by that clocks ticking.

A week went by since the scene.

The RN nurse did not bother me again. One afternoon when I was having my breakfast, yeah because I sleep during the day I have breakfast in the afternoon...I was looking at the paper and I saw that Richard Dreyfuss was in a new movie. You know the guy from JAW's. I like romantic hero kinds of stories and I read it was kind of a love story. "Always".

...SIGH... sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh...

Yeah! Yeah. I'm almost there.

I had a chance to see it before work so I cut down on my professional practice of going out before dusk and sitting on the corner bus stop bench watching girls half my age walking by toward the red light district.

The movie was going on and on until he dies in crash. blah blah blah blah. He hears someone talking. He walks into a small building and some guy is babbling on and on. He thinks the guy is alive and can see him. He talks and the guy mimics his words.

I went to work right after the show. I was a little late but none of my customers seemed to care. I was sitting at the desk and almost like clockwork the sighs with little burps and big farts started. I had a strange feeling though. I could not shake it. It was just a gut feeling that would not let go.

I had a moment there where we all sometimes do when a little bit of music, some lyrics, or in my case the movie I had just seen started playing over and over in my head. No! Not that dumb part where he was happy and his girlfriend moved on. The part about the weird guy who repeated everything he said.

Schizophrenic.

Yeah! I suspect you can almost guess what I did next. I went maniacal because that movie part kept reminding me of that part. So I decided I had no choice but to find out why it was bugging me. I was about to start pulling out the last of my fortyish hair. Then it hit me. That guy that escaped into the cooler through the ventilation was talking like...I mean he was having a conversation which made sense while I was listening in through the cooler door.

Yeah I did it. I figured out a way to get him out of the ward and down to the cooler room. Yeah! I DID! I was breaking the law, OKAY!

Five minutes after he sat down on the floor he started talking. Five minutes after he started talking I knew I was right, but I also knew no one would believe me. Not even you!

...sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh...

So! Back to the point. And those are happy sighs by the way.

I wonder if you remember about what I was saying about zombies. I wonder if you are still awake?

Now I wonder if you ever did anything you were ashamed of, so much so, you denied you had anything to do with it?

And to this day, have you've been haunted by what seems to be a ghost from your past?

Well, let me help you with this one. Especially if you're one of these real nerd's, geeky types, and don't believe in the here after. If the death is said to be from natural cause's, and you and I know better, that person's corpse was waiting for you in the morgue every night that went by since the day it was supposedly suffering from natural causes.

But now! They've got a schizophrenic lawyer who's helping them solve their case so they can move on.

Welcome to my court room! Tonight we have...put your name here...going completely mad with denial. With the jury being all his/her peers we are within our legal rights to proceed.

You might be asking yourself, "How can the Dead judge the living?!"

Oh! No! We're all dead too, except for the schizophrenic lawyer we're all just as dead as you.

Dead set on setting the record straight. sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh.

Does the Jury have their decision?

SIGH!

That means, "Guilty!"

Just so you know, two sighs means, "Not guilty".

Muawah ha haa haaa. Eayyy Yaaaah haaaa Haaaa haaaaaa!

So far! None of the Zombies, on the Jury, has ever sighed twice. heheheee

Congrats on your speculation on zombie motivation, long lost revenge collectively of the death of the virus's master HA HA. The virus though intelligent seeks revenge on the human population. Also the virus has human like thoughts, though can't speak do to lack of motor functions to speak its motivation behind the slaughter. Brilliant if you ask me.

Keep it up, you're writing always intrigues me.

Edited by Thor.

• 3 weeks later...