⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

Hey! Graham. I keep finding more Whovian stuff at the stores in the U. S. of A.. Talk about Doctor Who taking over the world.

With the new guy, who's a Scottish Doctor Who, you'd think this place would be alive with chat on the Doctors latest adventures, so much so, it would cause a page like yours to over flow with visitors.

Time Travel is real, it's just not like some people think it is, not like in the movie, "The Time Machine by H.G. Wells"

But it is, time traveling in our minds, when we read and write. The stuff you write takes us forward and back over time lines which stretch, some peoples imagination, mine for instance, our imagination to one end of the periods of some imagined timeline to the other.

Keep it up Maharg47. :geek:

Thanks, Pagafyr!

I'm having a special moment remembering all the episodes of, 2014's, Doctor Who.

I was amazed at how I seemed I was jumping on someones attention to clean up their act, just like the time I was stopped from leaving my room to go outside, and told I had to clean up the mess in my room.

I didn't think there was a mess in my room. :happy: Last I recalled, before being told there was a mess in my room, my room was just the way I liked it. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Aw! Daylight Savings Time is a hoot. I've gotten ahead of myself and almost gave myself a boot out of my own door. Just before I bolted out the door I realized another little tweak on my computer has not been allowed to take place by the time change.

It was because I switched off all the little buggers that would suck the life out of my machine, bothered my game play, and so it was so a game I play would not be disturbed by all those little updating helpers.

Now Skyrim is repaired, the patch that STEAM supplied has even given it a fresh coat of graphic views, and it gave me a new DLC. I've already given some attention to the DLC, and yet, I have nothing to say on that, as I might be playing the game to finish the quests I was about when all the bugs moved in, woe was me, to ruin my little bit of knowledge about computer software abilities.

Right about now I wonder if the Roger Miller song, "England Swings" would be appropriate for this time of day? Roger Miller looks a little like the Doctor. Doctor Who you ask? The Doctor who played the Doctor after David Tennant. What's his name?

Here, where I live in Perth Western Australia, the people voted against daylight saving.

One argument against it was that daylight saving would cause curtains to fade more!

Sound like they were being reasonable, I say this with respect to all those who still clung to the family traditions and didn't have a lot of money so they could go on to college, and because of all the different folks I met when I was growing up. They all had their own home grown politics.

Ah! Politics. When I was in grade school I used to think politics meant; someone had an infestation of some bugs. :laugh:

It is the norm that people expressing personal opinions consider them to be 'reasonable' while those with counter views consider the same to be unreasonable. It is also far too common that neither will even pause to give the other view a more objective look but will become fixed in their opinions and become engaged in a fanatical battle of beliefs instead of a more rational debate.

Maharg67, Graham, 2015AD

It is the norm that people expressing personal opinions consider them to be 'reasonable' while those with counter views consider the same to be unreasonable. It is also far too common that neither will even pause to give the other view a more objective look but will become fixed in their opinions and become engaged in a fanatical battle of beliefs instead of a more rational debate.

Maharg67, Graham, 2015AD

I got more than I could have ever asked for from sharing what I learned. I apparently haven't learned whom it is that my wisdom is best to share it with yet. This is my quest after all, too, "to find friends".

• 2 weeks later...

I pondered what it would be like to repair my poor old truck so I could once again use it to take recycling goods to the recycling center. I wondered if there might be a way to make the ignition work again. The parts inside the chamber where the ignition core turns so it can connect to the battery is broken. When it works once it is connected so the battery is by turning the key, then with a little more of a rotation it can send electricity to the ignition coil, and cause the starter to engage. The part that is broken is no longer available at parts stores across town, junk yards, and the company just doesn't produce them at the factories anymore.

Well, sadly I have a love for that truck, old as it is. I fumbled with ideas to try and repair the internal part which is required for the ignition to work correctly. Alas, I understand that it is too far gone and the only way to make it work is to replace it with another newer part. Sadly, as I have noted, there are no more. It is a 28 year old truck. The engine was built during 1987 when unleaded gas had become the norm. The truck was built with U.S. standard and Metric parts. A real treasure of the changing times.

I was buried in my, sob, my, sob, misery at realizing that the day has come for it to be given up for another vehicle which runs better on gasoline mixed with 10% of Ethanol.

Oh the emotion I have been having, confusing me, I probably should just relent and be done with it. Such a grand old F250 Ford Sport pickup truck. It has been such a loyal red truck with its Excalibur truck Topper.

I was awakened today, from dreaming; I mean, while I was asleep I dreamed. The red truck with its red topper were in the dream. It was working and I dreamed I was driving around, on snow, gliding and spinning like it and I were dancing and ice skating.

What a dream! I even recall it spun around 180 degrees and glided along as other vehicles approached. It seamlessly slipped ahead of all the rest and alined itself in the traffic flow. Off to the next street and corner and around it spun with an perfect swing. I saw it slide in between a parked car and 4 wheel ATV and expertly do a tire slash to splash the snow so it buried them in it.

Ah What FUN!

I murmured in my sleep.

I awakened today missing the truck already. I had, had enough of this desire to regain it in the fully operational way. I went to the library and looked up its schematic and what I found was like roses for a princess.

I see now that my pal is a she.