The last movie you watched thread

HellsMaster

Pacific Rim

It was fun, awesome and entertaining. It may not be deep or have A-list actors, but it delivers what it promised; giant robots bashing giant monsters. It could have been terrible and I had actually thought this movie would turn out horrible since I had little faith that hollywood could do anything like this in live action well, but I was wrong. Props to Del Toro for taking the risk and making it work.

BTW, this is probably the closest anyone will ever see to a live action Evangelion(minus the teen angst and daddy issues of Shinji and the teens girls, thank the lord).

It's not as great the Avengers(that's hard to top), but it's worth seeing. Go.

The soundtrack is rocking too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can shamefully admit that the last movie I saw was "the Hobbit", about five months after its release... Not sure what happened there, as a faithful LARP:er I should have been at the premiere with my hairy feet. Anyhows, I enjoyed it and it made me want to read the book again as well as more of Tolkien's early releases. Sure, some things didn't make sense and a few other things contradicted my own image of Middle-earth, but I still liked it.

• 3 weeks later...

Pacific Rim. Was drawn in by the cgi and the initial trailer. Had second thoughts if the movie would be that good in terms of plot, however, after watching the movie I really enjoyed it.

Next movie I am looking forward to is Elysium (really enjoyed the directors previous work, District 9)

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific Rim

It was fun, awesome and entertaining. It may not be deep or have A-list actors, but it delivers what it promised; giant robots bashing giant monsters. It could have been terrible and I had actually thought this movie would turn out horrible since I had little faith that hollywood could do anything like this in live action well, but I was wrong. Props to Del Toro for taking the risk and making it work.

BTW, this is probably the closest anyone will ever see to a live action Evangelion(minus the teen angst and daddy issues of Shinji and the teens girls, thank the lord).

It's not as great the Avengers(that's hard to top), but it's worth seeing. Go.

The soundtrack is rocking too.

My last movie was Pacific Rim, great movie, really surprised when it was not just about fighting robots, it actually had story and as you mention, the soundtrack is great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...