First game you remember playing.

JustATac0

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I replied to this before but I can't find it... if I did already please ignore me.

The first game I recall is PONG...I then remember PacMan, Pitfall, Joust and Atari Pole position. Atari 800 was my first computer and I didn't get a new one til I went to college. It still did not have windows on it.

I also remember as a kid having a few cassette tape video games that would take HOURS to load. One was some space type thing but it was all the triangles and boxes of color lines and weird things when you shot stuff.

I also had a kinda pen your own adventure thing with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. When they are trying to destroy Arthur Dent's house if you typed "lay down in front of the bulldozers" It would say that you lay in some mud. Then you could type "Enjoy mud" and it would go for like a page extolling the properties of mud.

I actually got so good at Pacman that I started playing it with my feet/toes. I put the joystick in the floor and would step on the side so it didn't move then used my toes to move the stick. It was easy since you can run into alot of walls to stop it. Still I was proud. lol Now I have keyboard and mouse and panic and shoot all my friends, companions or team mates. Take a lesson friends, that is what happens when you get old and technology begins to get away from you. :facepalm: :tongue:

Take a lesson friends, that is what happens when you get old and technology begins to get away from you. :facepalm: :tongue:

You should play Left4Dead with Oubliette and me.

Actually, that might be a bad idea, I get shot in the ass enough as it is in that game.

Ha ha ha...I played with the kids on the xbox and they kept yelling at me to stop shooting them in the head. But heck y'all get bored one night let me know. I'd love to shoot everyone in the arse and use all the health packs or whatever they call them. Just think of me as the extra-insane mode for the game. I'll put it all the way to 11. :)

Unsure of the very first game I ever played, probably Space Invaders on an arcade cabinet in the corner shop outside school when I was about 7 or 8.

I do remember my first PC game though, Grand Prix Circuit in 1988, which came with my dads shiny new IBM 286. The first game I ever bought with my own money was Sid Meier's Pirates! , still one of my favourites, except when sailing west to east against the wind which was torture.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...