Why do people hate Fallout 4 so much?

DreadedKat

This is really a problem that we need to stop condoning. We need to stop just buying a dumbed down product hoping that modders will fix it. It's why I have yet to buy the game ebcause I don't want to give this behavior my money.

Good point and advice. I hope many will try following that for tes6, buy it at summer sales at least with all the patches out already.

With that said, why are you even here then?

What do you mean?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this fallout 4 forums, but you don't have fallout 4.

Sometimes people like to see what other people are saying about a game, especially when they enjoyed the previous ones and even more so during release. Just because you don't plan on immediately buying it doesn't mean you aren't interested in the discussion around it.

4.) RPG gamers who accidentally wandered into Fallout 4. This seems the oddest to me. You'll see thousands of comparison of Fallout 4 to Witcher 3. Yet, the games have little if anything in common. It's kind of like claiming Halo is much better than the Sim City. Witcher 3 is a semi linear, story driven action RPG. Fallout 4 is a strategy RPG wasteland simulator. In fact the only real comparison would be past Fallout games.

Fallout is supposed to be an RPG, it's marketed as one and the previous titles have been RPGs, it should come as no surprise that RPG gamers are attracted to it. They've done to Fallout what they've done to the Elder Scrolls, they've dumbed it down to appeal to the masses. Many people have been playing Fallout since the first game and understandably some are not happy about the game being to turned from a deep RPG into a shooter with minimal RPG elements.

Mass effect is an RPG though and it kind of the same.

Mass Effect is not even that much of an RPG by the time ME2 came out, it went full on action cover-based shooting with RPG-lite elements.

Fallout's strangely gone down this route, even down to the dialogue which even Mass Effect did better. At least you had a wheel of options more than four, and you could often ask simple questions for expositions sake and then come back to the progressive dialogue choices without moving forward.

Fallout 4 doesn't do this, and I find it pretty annoying, if you want to ask a question, the dialogue moves forward anyway, some will call this more dynamic, I disagree, it's a compromise for the 4 option system, it chooses to bypass further questioning for the sake of giving you equal options as you had before you even asked the question.

Also, I've found some quests have given me the absolute illusion of choice, Diamond City blues for example comes to a point in the quest where I can spare someone for giving me information only for this decision to be completely taken away from my control and resolving itself in the same direction as me just choosing to kill them.

So what do you think it means for TES VI?

Exactly what Skyrim did.

Take the skills and RPG elements you've had from the previous games and cut them in half. That's precisely what happened from Oblivion to Skyrim.

Bethesda calls this streamlining.