If you were the Wanderer IRL, who would you have sided with?

LordElfa

first thing to do.. except the Jet ..drugs are for pussies..I'd probably round up a few good men and women and start my own Fief..allied with the BoS ..just like the old days before democracy and all that crap...

Than make your own faction and take over the BOS killing all the assholes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brotherhood. Let's face it, I'd never get into the Institute. And it's not like they let outsiders in, so that's not even an option. In the Brotherhood, at least you're part of something. You get a bed, you get food, and you get medics. Become a scribe, and you get to do research and study while staying mostly safe within a 'family'.

But in reality, I'd probably die to the wildlife. I can navigate in the wilds... enough? And there's plenty of existing land marks. But I'd die to the first hostile thing, probably.

Edited by Athanasa

I would still have gone with the Brotherhood.

The Minutemen are very much a joke with the exception of Preston and Ronnie Shaw. When I see a Minutemen Patrol, those are Dead Men Walking and would not make it past the first encounter they have. The idea of the Minutemen has merit. They genuinely want stability for the Commonwealth. But it completely hinges on one person still, you, and that was a cause for its colossal fall. There is something about the organization, how it runs, that has no core theme to keep everyone together if that 1 key figure goes down. Not only that, it does not have the pure muscle and tech of the Brotherhood of Steel. Speaking of the Brotherhood...

With FO4's ingame canon, they have rebounded after the costly events of FO3. The Capital Wasteland had gotten better due to the player character's and Brotherhood's efforts. The Enclave was utterly crushed. The Brotherhood is stronger than even before FO3. Elder Maxson has persuaded the Outcasts to come back into the fold. Project Purity is up and running. They go into the Commonwealth to deal with the Institute and Synth threat. Not only that, they are the only power player in the region that actively patrols the Commonwealth dealing with the dangers the everyday survivor fears:

Super Mutants, Raiders, Gunners, Synths, Deathclaws and whatever nasty monsters are out there.

The Railroad has their own little agenda. The Institute *IS* a threat, even before your character came out of Vault 111. They have wiped out settlements as well as the ongoing infiltrator terror campaign. They also have kidnapped people to use for their experiments. And hey, check those Synth Spy threads LOL! Diamond City only keeps to Diamond City and even then, they do a half-assed job.

It's only the Minutemen that try to do what the Brotherhood does: Patrols to try to keep the area safe. But they simply don't have the training and equipment to do it right and just end up dead.

Mr. Legendary Sentry Bot would like a word with you about what pushovers lvl 1 Minutemen are:

=^[.]^=

Since I haven't actually given my own yet, here goes. I think the first time I saw giant bugs would have been it for me. If I did manage to make it past that bombshell and since IRL we aren't restricted to choosing only one of 4 factions, I think I would have stayed at Vault 81. They seemed to be the most normal folks around. Settle it, hook up with that teacher and live my life in relative safety and comfort.

As for my child, well, I'm a father of 4 and I know how hard a hit that would be but how do you even start to investigate things when you're in a time you don't know, no kind of real record keeping or law enforcement and your child was taken by unknown people at an unknown time. I mean even in the story the time frame you were searching in was 50 years off mark. No, you have to give in to probabilities at some point and move on.

Remember that IRL, it wouldn't be some story you know you had to complete, this is your life here. Why would you ever try and be the hero of the Commonwealth to begin with?

Minutemen for me, no contest. They're the most reasonable of the factions, and the only faction in my opinion that doesn't really intend on going down the wrong path. They just want to have some security and safety to move forward with the world and make a better place. The other three really have good intentions, but the way they go about executing on those intentions are really wrong.

OK, I have something that I want to point out for pro BoS Faction people. With the knowledge that The Institute is indeed right below the MIT building, just isolated with a teleporter... why destroy it? Can't you just get a lot of people together, steal some old equipment from of the nearby mines, and just start excavating the area? Dig straight down and attack The Institute directly? Then steal all of their stuff? I mean, it's not like they are on the bloody moon and you can't reach them.

OK, I have something that I want to point out for pro BoS Faction people. With the knowledge that The Institute is indeed right below the MIT building, just isolated with a teleporter... why destroy it? Can't you just get a lot of people together, steal some old equipment from of the nearby mines, and just start excavating the area? Dig straight down and attack The Institute directly? Then steal all of their stuff? I mean, it's not like they are on the bloody moon and you can't reach them.

Oh, I'm totes for that. And it makes sense. Except I intend to spend the rest of my Wasteland life with Scribe bros. Maybe suggest it so someone else does it, but I'll stay safe (relatively), thank you very much.

Edited by Athanasa

That's an excellent point, especially for a group looking to salvage tech to begin with. It kind of goes against the BoS' primary mission parameters to destroy all those goodies.