What is your favourite quest in oblivion?

deadramage

Wow. I would have said Whodunit but it's clearly got the recognition it deserves. That's hands down the best quest in the game IMO. :) The way you can exploit each character's prejudices to trick them into killing each other is priceless.

Well then, I'd have to say either the one where you have to save a man from a painting, or the other Dark Brotherhood quest where you have to replace warlord Roderick's medicine with poison without being seen (because it's one of the deepest stealth missions in the game and I didn't like the Thieves Guild finale.) Of course, I liked just about every Dark Brotherhood quest... pre-Purification, at least. The second half of the questline isn't as fun because of the new style of target they make you face (namely, the kind that fights back,) though it all made sense once you got to the end.

Honorable mentions... Uh, there was that Shivering Isles quest where you had to go into a tree or something? The thing I remember about it is that you need to keep eating some kind of moss to survive in the tree, but whoever gives you the quest neglects to point out that it's actually an extremely addictive drug and easy to overdose on. The enemies inside are easy, but you end up fighting your own addiction to the substance more than anything else in the end. It's really clever, and the only reason it's not one of my favorites is because it's really a pain in the butt to play through once the surprise is gone, and I really liked it a lot more AFTER I finished it. XD Still, props for the great idea.

Edited by okappa

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whodunit? - I just like how you can do the quest in many ways, Poison some NPC's, do Frenzy and watch 'em kill each other, or even lowering the disposition of some and they might attack you, etc.

Basicly it's an interesting quest with lots of different methods to do it, so it goes for my favourite quest.

• 3 weeks later...
No need to insult other members, even if you find their difficulties with the game difficult to understand. If the thread starts a flamefest, it'll be locked. Please be civil to each other. (Offensive post deleted.)

I enjoyed most of the quests, all very detailed and well done. :thumbsup: But I'll just pick out a few:

Loved the epic assasin/stealth missions like 'Whodunnit?', 'The Ultimate Heist' and the one with that Roderick guy and his medicine cabinet, that one was actually very difficult to get through undetected. :wacko:

I loved 'Breaking The Siege of Kvatch' as I love wars, ect. :tongue:

'Hunters Run' was enjoyable, along with 'Vahtecens(sp?) Secret' and 'Unfriendly Competition'. :biggrin:

I loved Shivering Isles especially the last few quests and Nights of The Nine was frustrating yet enjoyable. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Ultimate Heist is just awesome. Also, the quest to kill Valen Dreth. It's basically impossible to beat undetected, so you have to have like 100 sneak, or a chameleon/invisibility spell.

"The Hist" for the Fighters Guild. The initial shock of "Infiltration" and the soul settling satisfaction of completing "The Hist" made these quests memorable, if not a favorite.

"The Ultimate Heist" for all the same reasons already posted above.

• 3 weeks later...
knights of the nine, drove me nuts try to get it started, always needed more fame when I would go to the shines, really had to get rid of the infamy points that I had accumlated. Console commands are my friend.