Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

Figure I'd share what I could picture experiencing in a mod like this since a few others have done so :tongue:

--Updating--

You start the game as Dragonborn, being taken to your execution. Upon arrival, you enter the character customization screen. (**This can go two ways, choosing a dragon within the character customization, or afterwards**) Once you're satisfied, with your selection, you hit the designated key to finalize your character's creation. A dialogue box pops up, asking if you wish to be a Dragon. The player chooses Yes and the screen slowly fades out.

A loading screen ensues. After loading, the screen slowly fades in and you can hear the wind and as the screen gets brighter, you realize your in a cave, the wind and snow are raging outside. (Perhaps future modding will let the player start as a new-born dragon.)

From here you're free to follow a tutorial that a mod might provide, or perhaps the mod simply lets you roam free. During the course of the game, you master your power over magic and your scales grow harder and thicker as you get older, taking you from something of a fledgling to that of an Ancient Dragon. During this process you eventually gain access to new skills and abilities such as multiple types of breaths, like fire, ice, and lightning, along with magic that will allow you to transform yourself into a human and communicate with the lesser races, incognito. The look of the humanoid character would be decided from what the player created during the tutorial. (**perhaps modding will let players choose what the humanoid will look like when they use the magic spell to change themselves**)

Shouts would have an exponentially shorter cool down, being a true-born Dragon and all.

Well, that's about it :teehee:

awesome!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you're going with the newborn alternate storyline route rather than full grown or shout power then yeah. You'd probably have the earlier parts of the main quest comprise of accomplishing tasks and growing in level to a degree with a number of fade to black aging sequences in-between, unless you particularly want to spend 60+ in-game years wandering about pre-dragon invasion Skyrim.

Then you'd introduce some modified version of the main quest, I'd assume, once a certain point had been reached.

Well if you're going with the newborn alternate storyline route rather than full grown or shout power then yeah. You'd probably have the earlier parts of the main quest comprise of accomplishing tasks and growing in level to a degree with a number of fade to black aging sequences in-between, unless you particularly want to spend 60+ in-game years wandering about pre-dragon invasion Skyrim.

Then you'd introduce some modified version of the main quest, I'd assume, once a certain point had been reached.

Yeah, :tongue: not sure what this Creation Kit will be capable of, but the skill building and introduction to new spells and what not should be doable.

If anything, the story behind this would be along the lines of a single Dragon egg that was left behind, somewhere in the mountains.

And then there'd be the option, for those that just want to jump ahead and play as an adult Dragon starting somewhere in the mountains

Again though, the request is almost entirely for having the ability to play as one of the Dragons that you see flying around in vanilla Skyrim

Edited by Aedred

Sounds neat but, even if it IS from a breed of sapient/sentient dragon, a lone hatchling is going to grow up mostly feral.

There would have to be some sort of guidance at least? Dwemer version of claptrap? Actual Parents? Foster parents of definitely not dragon species? Could get raised by the greybeards I guess.

Sounds neat but, even if it IS from a breed of sapient/sentient dragon, a lone hatchling is going to grow up mostly feral.

There would have to be some sort of guidance at least? Dwemer version of claptrap? Actual Parents? Foster parents of definitely not dragon species? Could get raised by the greybeards I guess.

Heh, sounds interesting, the Greybeards part.

Perhaps Paarthurnax, the dragon that resides at the Throat of the Mountain, could teach a thing or two to the player, since the Dragonborn doesn't really see that dragon too often.

I'm still reading to catch up with thread, but my only real thought is:

How about just having a mod where you can transform into a dragon? Then you can still quest and be a humanoid when you need to be. I can already imagine a couple awesome animations to go along with it. Anyone say this already

Edit: k exodiaj and umut already pretty much said this lol.

Being a dragon with a spell that transforms it into a humanoid appearance would make for an interesting story. The dragonborn ends up being a dragon her/himself and has to choose whether to fight its own kind to save the world (good alliance) or aid its brethren with Alduin leading them (evil alliance) haha.

But seriously...dragon vs dragon "dogfights" in midair? Eat your heart out Battlefield 3 jets. It would be awesome to fly around in the highest part possible in the map, the actual sky, maybe have some convincing cloud/haze/atmosphere elements up there. Seeing an amazing sunrise transition then plunging through the clouds to the world below to do whatever you want...snack on a guard...you know. Dragon sh*t.

Edited by Kairo29

If you're going to have a type of quick start version to this mod, it should start with Alduin raising you from the dead, as that is how most dragons in Skyrim came to be. But before all of this, we need to actually find people who can make dragons playable and smooth to control.

If you're going to have a type of quick start version to this mod, it should start with Alduin raising you from the dead, as that is how most dragons in Skyrim came to be. But before all of this, we need to actually find people who can make dragons playable and smooth to control.

Indeed. I know its possible to change the player into another. Hell, look at werewolves, we already got a transformation script with working attacks and what not. If we can modify the werewolf transformation so that the player can change into a dragon, complete with flying and maybe new attacks, it would be great.

The thought of being a zombie dragon sounds so.... unnatural. x_x

Options would be nice as far as that goes, it's the one reason I created a story about a single Dragon that was left behind, aside from Paarthurnax :happy:

Edited by Aedred

The thought of being a zombie dragon sounds so.... unnatural. x_x

Options would be nice as far as that goes, it's the one reason I created a story about a single Dragon that was left behind, aside from Paarthurnax :happy:

correction, your revived, so your not a zombie dragon...but a live one. and if you wanna look like a normal dragon, thats up to what your dragon looks like :3....speeking of the dragons looks...what about fur on the dragon? like with parthanax? (I know its not the right spelling DX)

Edited by ZainHallows