ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

Didn't work, I got this: "[#10210] You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board."

Are you sure you removed the Es?

I don't get it. What is the point in playing a dragon? How far would you play the "game"? I mean, you can't talk to anyone, and what else would you do except flying around and killing everything?

Maybe funny for an hour, but nothing of value. And that this is the longest thread here (I think) is really sad.

Yes, as Midicow said, for now, we actually want this mod for that hour or so (I'd say a day at the least for me) and then we will be able to build on that and hopefully, with the right help, we could create an entire quest line devoted to this mod. Something along the lines of a Dragon Civil War between "Good" Dragons and Alduin's armies, including decisions on which side to join, what support you get for your side, what new abilities you discover etc. etc. I'm glad we are getting so much support, the more support, the more chance this mod will become reality.

Me, I just want to experience the privilege of being a Dragon in Skyrim. And for the record, I don't care if you think that sounds stupid.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not only the "E"s. If I copy the code straight from your post, I get the image url with the "..." inside, i.e. useless. But copying the linked url itself to replace the image url with fixes it pretty easily.

Oh, and sorry for going off-topic. I don't even possess the game, yet. I support the project nevertheless, for pretty obvious reasons. Wish I could help.

It's not only the "E"s. If I copy the code straight from your post, I get the image url with the "..." inside, i.e. useless. But copying the linked url itself to replace the image url with fixes it pretty easily.

Oh, and sorry for going off-topic. I don't even possess the game, yet. I support the project nevertheless, for pretty obvious reasons. Wish I could help.

Ah yes, never noticed it auto-shortened the link, I'll edit it and post the working version here:

[iEmg]htEtp://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1735/supportsdragonmod.png[/img]

[siEze=5]Ω [foEnt=Impact][cEolor=#FF0000]Copy this and support Playable Dragon Mods![/color][/font] Ω[/size]

Also, glad to have your support. :thumbsup:

Edited by Vaktus

any updates?

Until we get a release date for the Creation Kit, everything's up in the air. We're all just tossing ideas around for now. :turned:

Due the the massive size of dragons it would be impractical to use them as is, but perhaps it could be a small dragon, about the size of a werewolf. In fact, it would be a good idea to make it a transformation like the werewolf, but first person and without the whole you can't pick up or use things crap.

There's been Dragon Lore, in past games and various literature sources, which involved a powerful dragon taking on the form of a human. So I figure this concept could work to the advantage of not only adding some decent lore to the game, but also dealing with the problem of having a massive dragon being too big to enter a cave or a town.

Check out some of the dragon info from Dominions 3 and Istaria. There's also the lore from World of Warcraft in which several Dragon Aspects have the ability to take human form. Really cool stuff in my opinion and again, it would solve that problem of being way too big.

Edit: I tried finding some of the info from Dominions 3 and Istaria so I could link it, but it's proving difficult. Here's a bit of info from World of Warcraft though: http://www.wowpedia.org/Dragon_Aspects

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/712338-Does-every-dragon-have-a-human-form

This stuff goes way back. I remember playing a MUD called Dragon's Gate, which I believe had a similar instance of Dragons being able to take human form.

Edited by Aedred

Well just look at the staff of wabbajack. Turns people into horses and chickens and daedra, etcs!

Self or other polymorph is probably not an entirely alien concept in the elder scrolls world.

Small chance of failing and turning your aspiring mary sue dragon into a mudcrab would be entertaining though.

Ah yes, never noticed it auto-shortened the link, I'll edit it and post the working version here:

[iEmg]htEtp://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1735/supportsdragonmod.png[/img]

[siEze=5]Ω [foEnt=Impact][cEolor=#FF0000]Copy this and support Playable Dragon Mods![/color][/font] Ω[/size]

Also, glad to have your support. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I finally got it to work, and I'm happy to support this dragon mod, it's both an excellent idea and something that I'm surprised isn't already part of the game, it seems to fit so well with the subject matter.

I dont know if any of you guys know this but...today I saw a skeletel dragon! :D! how awesome is that? I didnt think they were in the game...awesome. so ya....making a skeletel dragon subgroup for dragon race just got alitte easyer :D!

Heh yeah, first time I saw one I freaked out.

Looooooooots of stuff to play with when the Creation Kit gets released.

I've just gotten information about the Creation Kit's release. They're not entirely sure on a solid date, but the Kit is a high priority and isn't being ignored while they work on patches.

They estimated it will take about 1-2 weeks but can't know for sure until it's actually done.