Contraptions is Out - First Impressions

RaffTheSweetling

And yet you don't call them out for calling these workshop mods "DLCs" (not to mention how much they are charging)? Yes they are really just overpriced mods that for the most part probably should have been included in the base game. Luckily I bought the Season Pass way back when I first bought the game so at least it isn't costing me as much as others...

Well, DLC isn't anything specific except that it's downloadable game content usually made by the company that made the game and you usually pay for it, so these are DLCs. The price is reasonable. If paid mods came back, I think a mod containing the same amount of content with the same quality as the first wasteland workshop DLC would be worth $5. You can argue modders would give you the same thing for free if they had all the tools that Bethesda have, but people have made much larger things for free as well. Does that mean we should never pay for something that's smaller than the biggest free thing we can get?

Well when I said that the workshop DLCs are nothing more overpriced mods I was just being facetious.... :rolleyes:

But I do pretty much agree with just about everything you said for whatever that is worth....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when I said that the workshop DLCs are nothing more overpriced mods I was just being facetious.... :rolleyes:

I've got no real problem with that, since I have my season pass anyway, but I wouldn't even call them mods. Most of the stuff was already in use. They just made it accessable to gamers. But that's what you get with the majority of games. Weapon or armor packs, pretty useless when modders provide stuff for the particular game anyway, since they usually provide better and to top that, historical gear. I got the complete FNV edition of steam real cheap, but I never even touched the mercenary pack, since modded weapons were, if not actually better, then at least easier on the eyes.

Again, Bethesda baffles me. I just built the Food Processor, AutoLoom, and Builder. . With the exception of one of them giving me Lunchboxes, they seem pretty useless. Why even bother including them to clutter up the DLC with? I would have been happy if the clothing one gave me things my settlers actually want, such as fatigues, farm clothes, and coveralls. We don't need 8 colors of dresses. And how hard would it have been to include a couple of interesting new clothing items? Or baseballs? Empty bottles?

Yes, I get that the machines that require perks are more useful. I'm just saying these three are clutter.

Did anyone find the Food Processor, AutoLoom, and Builder useful? Am I dense and missed something?

Todd, please stop assigning DLC projects to the interns.

The biggest and only annoyance I have with Contraptions Workshop are the conduits. It seems to me the conduits were a rushed add-in to the DLC since there are many pieces absent. I have no idea why Bethesda left-out straight vertical, curved vertical, right and left angled, left/right/down vertical, roof to wall and floor to wall curvatures out of the DLC. Makes no sense to me.

Is it just me or did Bethesda goto the nexus page, goto the top files section and just randomly picked 3 or 4 mods and decided to copy them and call them DLCs? We Have Functional Displays, DDprod's elevators and the build your own vault mods and then the rube goldberg crap and a few power things thrown in. The entire dlc seems very rushed almost as if the plan they had for wastland workshop 2 was scratched and they had to come up with a new dlc fast, lol.

Edited by WaRi0

Is it just me or did Bethesda goto the nexus page, goto the top files section and just randomly picked 3 or 4 mods and decided to copy them and call them DLCs?

They do take ideas form mods since oblivion, so not far fetched. But you can see displays in the trailer, that the modders took the idea from.

I don't mind the price tag, i pay more for my hot coco weekly. But it would be better if it was all new and useful stuff.