This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

So long as FCO is a requirement and you're not actually packaging any assests from it into your mod so that it's stand alone, then you don't need permission for it. Just make sure to clearly explain that FCO is a requirement on the description and in the popup.

I hope this is more or less the right place to ask this question, please don't shout at me if not :) I joined Nexus today (as a Supporter) and downloaded the NMM. I tried installing a Skyrim mod but the NMM keeps stopping installation to ask me for login details. I am inputting the same details I use to login to Nexus - I haven;t set up another account so I presume the details are the same - but illogically it keeps telling me the login details are incorrect. How comes? I was not prompted to st up another login account for the NMM, am I missing a step? Thanks.

I hope this is more or less the right place to ask this question, please don't shout at me if not :smile: I joined Nexus today (as a Supporter) and downloaded the NMM. I tried installing a Skyrim mod but the NMM keeps stopping installation to ask me for login details. I am inputting the same details I use to login to Nexus - I haven;t set up another account so I presume the details are the same - but illogically it keeps telling me the login details are incorrect. How comes? I was not prompted to st up another login account for the NMM, am I missing a step? Thanks.

There can be problems, if you have installen your NMM in your "C:\Program Files (x86)".

Are you logged in with your Account at the Nexus Page?

Are you logged in at your NMM with your Account? (If not there's a red little guy in the left hand side corner)

Which Mod do you want to install?

If all doesn't work, change your Password and/or Username and try it again.

(I don't see a Username only your EMail Address. I highly recomment to you, not to show your EMail-address freely in the internet)

Edited by Biervampir

For some reason, the site has picked up your email as your user name - this is not right. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the 'contact us' - report this to the Site owner - Dark0ne.

This is one of my favorite sites on the web. You have done a massively great job in creating it and making it available to the masses.

About the only thing I could ask for is some way to be able to get a sense of how good some mods are. Many are rated high through their age, and others are not yet rated to their relative potential because they are new and have not yet accumulated the votes. Many get dropped by their authors and are no longer compatible or have been obviated by newer projects. I have wondered if there could have been some updating review or rating system parallel to the vote system such as "best picks" that are kept current by staff or volunteers. Perhaps a persistent nucleus of persons that have their own style that users can get to rely on for opinions or suggestions.

I also try to find some sort of youtube demos of mods when I can find them. Some linking here to them give better ideas as to what the mods do. I know there have been many who show play-through videos, but I generally have to hunt for them, or wait forever for them to do a bit on what I am interested in, if ever.

My last comment is a plea to not change things just to change. You have a wonderful site that is thoughtful and efficient. It isn't broken as it is. I know your dataset is massive. Just please be prudent in what you change.

Thanks

I hope that this is the right forum to give my opinion on the website missing features.

If shouldn't be the right forum I ask to the moderator to move the post in the appropriate forum without flames, please.

IMHO the web site is great, but some features are missing.

1. Search engine. The current search engine is poor, it doesn't admit typing mistakes. If I'm looking for "food" mods, but I mistakenly type "fod" I get no results, instead to see "did you mean "food" instead ?".

2. Mods Portfolio. Sometimes I stumble upon a mod that I'd like to install later. Take some note also should be nice, to describe why the mod is interesting (or why I found as such at that time....)

3. Mods Installed. I'd like to share my Load Order with other users, so a feature to tick the mods that I downloaded that are in my Load Order should be nice. A cooperation with the guys of LOOT who have a complete plug-ins database should be easy to implement. An application to upload a load order file to be digested by a server scanner weight less than a picture screening application. A function in NMM can be implemented with ease.

4. A vote for mods, from A to E, not just an endorsements. A vote should be completed by a line or two of comments to be valid.

5. Some new statistics. The most I miss more is the ratio downloads/endorsements. A new mod with few downloads, but a proportionally high number of endorsements may lead to a better understanding of the value of a mod and a better success of the mod, also if it is new.

Another missing statistic is the time of mod usage: if I download and install a mod, then I take it away afer 15 minutes because I get problems or I don't like it or it does not what should be supposed to do, I I get a LOW USAGE mark. If some humble mod that makes just a bug-fix stays in my load order forever it gets a HIGH USAGE mark, and this raises the visible value of that mod.

6. Mod translations availability. The mod users community of foreign languages deserves to see immediately if a version in different languages is available. This flags could be managed by the mod offerers.

In conclusion...
I'd like to have more motivation to stay on Nexus, spending better my free-time, having more occasions to share my game passion with other users and friends.

Just my 5 cents, ok ?

However, thanks for your great job however.

WHOW I WAS MISSING A POST SCRIPTUM:

DON'T change to web site radically, it is great in this form. I hope you will redesign just to improve the things that are the weaker. Keep the Apple standpoint, just few improvements per time, and few design changes.
Keep your style, that is great.

i am having a problem at the videos section. My opinion there, they are really awesome and totally informative as long it goes about modding or loadorders, or even showing off.

But as soon something comes with a for example backupfolder, the video gets additional 5 - 10 minutes intro explaining the use and function of a backup folder.

Now try and clean up with TES5edit having no idea what the cause of your problem is after analysing the malfunction for a day. Give up, return for help at the source and be finding all the nice words but no facts that don't go worsening your mental state BORE and DISGUST.

Not anybody installing a foreign mod is a noob like not knowing what is a backup/copy of your file.

And about backing up stuff: saves are not really interesting when sourcecodes change.

Thanks for the videos everybody.

(is there maybe an issue with the creation kit when changing enchantments on some own items? so that with 2 enchantments changeing the second from a value 50 to another value say 20 with another effect, the kit can not fix it down but chooses for random from both values? asking because that is about the appearant lag issue i am experiencing, only with the intensifier to disable the function in question totally. on reequiping or removing the item.)

Edited by erasmusR

Hello,

I have a minor problem in that I haven't been able to endorse a file that I've dowloaded after the fact since the last restructure. I can endorse if I wait 15 minutes after downloading, but if I log out of NM and come back later I'm told that I haven't downloaded the file and cannot therefore endorse it, even though its sitting on my hard drive. I also cannot endorse through MO anymore, it says endorsement status unknown so I am wondering if this is connected to my problem (would like to know if this is an MO problem on top of the original problem so I can report it to the MO developers). Prior to the last restructuring I was able to endorse without a problem but its been as i described since that time.

I would like to be able to show my appreciation for the modders work.

Sorry if this is a known problem but if it is could someone point me in the right direction for its resolution?