Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all a very good move, I love Tannins42 MO.

The best solution in my humble opinion would be: Dump NMM where it´s belong to... into the garbage, and continue MO2 under the Label of Nexus.

After all you can´t build something good on a broken Foundation.

Looking forward to see, If you will succeed in - "convenient" aka "more advanced modders"

I personally never happened to see a piece of software which could close this gap. Good luck with your dream :)

my2cents

NMM has been working fine. If the SE version of Skyrim doesn't support BSAs then there's gonna be a problems with mods like Falskaar with over 19000 files in it. Hopefully they just update the engine so SKSE and SkyUI will continue to work. I've never had much luck using Mod Manager. Too complicated for a 90 plus year old but I doubt I'll be around long enough to enjoy the newer games you younguns will get to see. As for everything I've put up I will be returning my login to my grandson with the hopes that he will continue to enjoy the game.

In response to post #43389245. #43391895, #43394075, #43413580, #43418170, #43421690, #43422755, #43423015, #43433395, #43435465, #43445355, #43447505, #43461630, #43463345, #43469650 are all replies on the same post.

shizitmonkey wrote: Before I buy a game I see if it has files on NMM.. no files no sale.. the other game developers besides Bethesda should take note..
I am 60years old, love video games and don't know squat about modding. That's why I love NMM..
Also thank you all you talented smarties for making such awesome mods...
louiethelooper wrote: i would like to ditto to shizitmonkey- am also 60,thank god i was feeling lonely here. and also dont know jack of modding and depend on this site for this type of gaming exp.We might the exception to the rule but keep us in mind and thank you for this awesome site.
tanyferan wrote: ditto im 64 and agree with the above comments
Kroekr wrote: I am a young whippersnapper at 56 but I agree with shizitmonkey
smith1999 wrote: 60 in June, I believe that this hobby is a great way to enjoy retirement and am gratefull for all the talented people on this site.
Sergeant Rock wrote: Wow! All this time I thought I was an old codger here at 55! Nice to know other people my age still enjoy gaming. I have lot's of younger friends that game but only a couple near my age that still do. Anyway totally agree with you... thanks modders!
RodelB wrote: I am 51 now would this be far too young to join your society? Well I agree to what shizitmonkey said and I would like to add that in my opinion what Nexus provides is on a high level of professionalism anyway
tonycubed2 wrote: Damn. I am 50. And I mod like hell. I feel young now. We should form a Guild. The Golden Age.

But no, I cannot say I love NMM. It has over reached and caused much pain with its useless multi profile features. And I nver had a problem report acknoledged.

I am grateful for Nexus. And for NMM. But it needs to now its limits and stop trying to uninstall and reinstall 240 mods to change profiles. Here is my nexus site full of horror stories:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70019/?
brown1962 wrote: 54 years old and only got into gaming because of Fallout 3, when I saw a friend play it. Now I have spent all my spare cash on a good gaming rig and laptop, so I can carry on playing in my work breaks. Anything that helps me download and add mods easily is definitely worth it. Can't wait to see the new manager/organiser and don't care what it's called. Here's to all the other "Silver Gamers" out there............Keep up the good work, after all "Age is only a number"!
mwhenry16 wrote: I'm 60, love gaming, my 22 year old daughter was banging a keyboard playing before she could walk, I know a little about modding, and I too love NMM. It's nice to know there are many boomers here too, hoo rah!
nickrud wrote: 60 here, but also a devoted user of MO for Skyrim (programming 6502 in the 80's prepared me for it ;).

Tannin probably won't see this but I dropped $50 into his paypal years ago - more than I paid for skyrim. I was one of those who feared that he'd hit the dreaded project killing bug when his commits to MO2 dried up in July.

Kudos to Nexus for paying him a lot more than I can!
dePog wrote: I am also 60 and Skyrim is the first game I have played with mods. I even bit the bullet and started to create some mods despite the "joys" of the amazingly unstable Creation Kit :) Even though I can code in several languages it took a while to wrap my head around Papyrus.

I have used NMM since the release of Skyrim and love its simplicity. Looking forward to the new one.

Cheers
dePog
HadToRegister wrote: 53 here.
I once learned PASCAL in college, back in '94, don't remember any of it though.
Started gaming on the C64, then migrated to Atari STE1040, because of the UI and built in MIDI ports, eventually moving to PC.
ScrubGhost wrote: I'm 46 and my old man is 70 something and he started modding skyrim and is now into fallout 4. There is a lot of people who started decades ago and continue on. As gopher says "have fun"!
Ianana wrote: Added this to a wrong post, oops.

I'm going to be 60 in May of 2017 and female. So yeah, there a lots of us. I always was looked at by my kids friends and the weird mom who games like a kid.

I still have OBMM and FOMM from Timeslip on my older secondary gaming computer and I still use Wrye Bash on all my computers in various versions depending on my game. All along with NMM in 2 flavors. I have 5.6 installed on my older gamer because it works for a heavily modded Oblivion install that I have no intention of reinstalling and also for another earlier install of Skyrim.

I use NMM 6.3 for F04 and 5.6 for Skyrim on my newer gamer for same reasons as above.

I am a bit crazy because I use both NMM and Wrye for F04 management. I can't help it old habits die hard with this old gal. There was nothing so wonderful as a heavily modded Obilvion using Wrye bashed patch and challenging the 255 limits. Gee do I miss tlhe simplicity of that. Right click-merge. CBash was my friend.

Never used MO, but it did have interesting promise.

Now if NMM could also show us like in Wrye the installers screen with information on the mod installation itself, well I would be jumping up and down. NMM needs this for mod triaging when crap goes sideways. I like seeing the files with folder structure. Yeah, call me old gal, but it works. Oh, Yeah a saves tab too, need this.

66 for me. I keep telling myself that I should learn how to make mods, but I seem to be far better at using them than creating them. So far at least.

In response to post #43389245. #43391895, #43394075, #43413580, #43418170, #43421690, #43422755, #43423015, #43433395, #43435465, #43445355, #43447505, #43461630, #43463345, #43469650, #43500015 are all replies on the same post.

shizitmonkey wrote: Before I buy a game I see if it has files on NMM.. no files no sale.. the other game developers besides Bethesda should take note..
I am 60years old, love video games and don't know squat about modding. That's why I love NMM..
Also thank you all you talented smarties for making such awesome mods...
louiethelooper wrote: i would like to ditto to shizitmonkey- am also 60,thank god i was feeling lonely here. and also dont know jack of modding and depend on this site for this type of gaming exp.We might the exception to the rule but keep us in mind and thank you for this awesome site.
tanyferan wrote: ditto im 64 and agree with the above comments
Kroekr wrote: I am a young whippersnapper at 56 but I agree with shizitmonkey
smith1999 wrote: 60 in June, I believe that this hobby is a great way to enjoy retirement and am gratefull for all the talented people on this site.
Sergeant Rock wrote: Wow! All this time I thought I was an old codger here at 55! Nice to know other people my age still enjoy gaming. I have lot's of younger friends that game but only a couple near my age that still do. Anyway totally agree with you... thanks modders!
RodelB wrote: I am 51 now would this be far too young to join your society? Well I agree to what shizitmonkey said and I would like to add that in my opinion what Nexus provides is on a high level of professionalism anyway
tonycubed2 wrote: Damn. I am 50. And I mod like hell. I feel young now. We should form a Guild. The Golden Age.

But no, I cannot say I love NMM. It has over reached and caused much pain with its useless multi profile features. And I nver had a problem report acknoledged.

I am grateful for Nexus. And for NMM. But it needs to now its limits and stop trying to uninstall and reinstall 240 mods to change profiles. Here is my nexus site full of horror stories:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70019/?
brown1962 wrote: 54 years old and only got into gaming because of Fallout 3, when I saw a friend play it. Now I have spent all my spare cash on a good gaming rig and laptop, so I can carry on playing in my work breaks. Anything that helps me download and add mods easily is definitely worth it. Can't wait to see the new manager/organiser and don't care what it's called. Here's to all the other "Silver Gamers" out there............Keep up the good work, after all "Age is only a number"!
mwhenry16 wrote: I'm 60, love gaming, my 22 year old daughter was banging a keyboard playing before she could walk, I know a little about modding, and I too love NMM. It's nice to know there are many boomers here too, hoo rah!
nickrud wrote: 60 here, but also a devoted user of MO for Skyrim (programming 6502 in the 80's prepared me for it ;).

Tannin probably won't see this but I dropped $50 into his paypal years ago - more than I paid for skyrim. I was one of those who feared that he'd hit the dreaded project killing bug when his commits to MO2 dried up in July.

Kudos to Nexus for paying him a lot more than I can!
dePog wrote: I am also 60 and Skyrim is the first game I have played with mods. I even bit the bullet and started to create some mods despite the "joys" of the amazingly unstable Creation Kit :) Even though I can code in several languages it took a while to wrap my head around Papyrus.

I have used NMM since the release of Skyrim and love its simplicity. Looking forward to the new one.

Cheers
dePog
HadToRegister wrote: 53 here.
I once learned PASCAL in college, back in '94, don't remember any of it though.
Started gaming on the C64, then migrated to Atari STE1040, because of the UI and built in MIDI ports, eventually moving to PC.
ScrubGhost wrote: I'm 46 and my old man is 70 something and he started modding skyrim and is now into fallout 4. There is a lot of people who started decades ago and continue on. As gopher says "have fun"!
Ianana wrote: Added this to a wrong post, oops.

I'm going to be 60 in May of 2017 and female. So yeah, there a lots of us. I always was looked at by my kids friends and the weird mom who games like a kid.

I still have OBMM and FOMM from Timeslip on my older secondary gaming computer and I still use Wrye Bash on all my computers in various versions depending on my game. All along with NMM in 2 flavors. I have 5.6 installed on my older gamer because it works for a heavily modded Oblivion install that I have no intention of reinstalling and also for another earlier install of Skyrim.

I use NMM 6.3 for F04 and 5.6 for Skyrim on my newer gamer for same reasons as above.

I am a bit crazy because I use both NMM and Wrye for F04 management. I can't help it old habits die hard with this old gal. There was nothing so wonderful as a heavily modded Obilvion using Wrye bashed patch and challenging the 255 limits. Gee do I miss tlhe simplicity of that. Right click-merge. CBash was my friend.

Never used MO, but it did have interesting promise.

Now if NMM could also show us like in Wrye the installers screen with information on the mod installation itself, well I would be jumping up and down. NMM needs this for mod triaging when crap goes sideways. I like seeing the files with folder structure. Yeah, call me old gal, but it works. Oh, Yeah a saves tab too, need this.
moosemother12 wrote: 66 for me. I keep telling myself that I should learn how to make mods, but I seem to be far better at using them than creating them. So far at least.

Damn, there's a lot of us old farts modding Skyrim, Bethesda in general. I am 56 and having a great time with games, thanks to ALL the mod builders! I am so happy, they keep the game fresh for me. Over 2500 hours and loving it.
Thanks NMM.