Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

In response to post #43623355.

cirenesnomis wrote: Thank you for this update. As an owner of several small to medium businesses over the years I know how stressful and hard it is to hire good people. This sounds like a good plan. Lord willing, it will work out both technically and financially. Thanks again and congrats.

How do you give kudos to people for good posts? ^

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43554350. #43600485, #43615925, #43631500, #43639140, #43644265 are all replies on the same post.

dinosw wrote: +1 for NeMO & NMO

There are some fun suggestions, but I'd rather it be simple.
I am against the idea, of simply naming it NMM, as it will not be a continuation of that program, nor a merge using parts of the program.
A new program, built from the ground up, deserves a new name, and having it use both Nexus and Mod Organiser for the name, honors both of the programs, which we have used and loved.
hati39 wrote: +1
MegaEvilDog wrote: +1 for NeMO, 'cause you can easily pronounce it
Zylice wrote: +1 NeMO/NMO FTW! 'NexusModOrganizer' :D
Ruhrpottpatriot wrote: +1
Giftig wrote: I love the name NeMO, but will Disney? Lol

+1 for NMO or NeMO if possible.

Nemo is from Jules Vernes (the nautilus captain), not Disney.

Do we have a rough idea or roadmap for release as of yet? I'm wondering if I should just keep rocking my current MO or if I should wait for the NMO? If I only have to wait a month or so, I'll wait, but if its 6+ months, I'll stick to regular MO.

Thanks!

This has probably been answered many times or seems obvious to most, but I didn't see it in the FAQ. Will the new mod manager still use the nexus site, or are we going to have to use a new site for mods in the future while this site stays here? I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I have always used the Nexus sites as my go to mod place.

I mainly ask because sometimes when "re-branding" people want to completely break away from or kill off the old brand to establish the new one. I fear this will happen and then we will have to go to 20 different sites for mods suddenly to have the same amount available to us we currently do here.

So will Mod Organizer be worked on at all any more? I really prefer it to NMM.

I'd be much more willing to swap if NMO were made a bit more like MO. Being able to install mods into folders for virtual directory is the selling point for me, but I don't think I can live without the ability to check and uncheck files upon the installation of a mod - at least when lacking a FOMOD setup.

TBH I can't quite make a decision about this project until I see it with my own eyes. I don't want this to turn out bad for the same reasons I hope my favorite games developers don't mess up; they probably won't, but they still manage to do it from time to time.

Edited by Percephere

In response to post #43651370.

Percephere wrote: So will Mod Organizer be worked on at all any more? I really prefer it to NMM.

I'd be much more willing to swap if NMO were made a bit more like MO. Being able to install mods into folders for virtual directory is the selling point for me, but I don't think I can live without the ability to check and uncheck files upon the installation of a mod - at least when lacking a FOMOD setup.

TBH I can't quite make a decision about this project until I see it with my own eyes. I don't want this to turn out bad for the same reasons I hope my favorite games developers don't mess up; they probably won't, but they still manage to do it from time to time.

No, MO is dead. All focus will be on NMO. And I believe just about every single MO user on Earth agrees with you that nobody wants to compromise for less featres, and less flexibility/control. I highly suspect that this will be taken into account because who else better to give us the MO features we want to keep, than the guy who gave us the features to begin with. In the large scope, this is a plus for everyone. Edited by SkyrimCliff

In response to post #43651370. #43651500 is also a reply to the same post.

Percephere wrote: So will Mod Organizer be worked on at all any more? I really prefer it to NMM.

SkyrimCliff wrote: No, MO is dead. All focus will be on NMO. And I believe just about every single MO user on Earth agrees with you that nobody wants to compromise for less featres, and less flexibility/control. I highly suspect that this will be taken into account because who else better to give us the MO features we want to keep, than the guy who gave us the features to begin with. In the large scope, this is a plus for everyone.

This is very sad news for me.

" Don't fix what isn't broken. " Edited by Percephere

In response to post #43648900.

gadman85 wrote: This has probably been answered many times or seems obvious to most, but I didn't see it in the FAQ. Will the new mod manager still use the nexus site, or are we going to have to use a new site for mods in the future while this site stays here? I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I have always used the Nexus sites as my go to mod place.

I mainly ask because sometimes when "re-branding" people want to completely break away from or kill off the old brand to establish the new one. I fear this will happen and then we will have to go to 20 different sites for mods suddenly to have the same amount available to us we currently do here.

It will replace the current Nexus Mod Manager. NMM and MO will essentially be dead products with no more further support. The new official mod manager for the Nexus will be the new NMO, or whatever they decide to call it. Most likely NMO though, because it's the most intuitive. The download link at the top of this website will change to NMO as soon as it's built, I assure you. No third party download.

In response to post #43651370. #43651500, #43651570 are all replies on the same post.

SkyrimCliff wrote: No, MO is dead. All focus will be on NMO. And I believe just about every single MO user on Earth agrees with you that nobody wants to compromise for less featres, and less flexibility/control. I highly suspect that this will be taken into account because who else better to give us the MO features we want to keep, than the guy who gave us the features to begin with. In the large scope, this is a plus for everyone.
Percephere wrote: This is very sad news for me.

" Don't fix what isn't broken. "

You're missing the point. Nexus Mod Manager, WAS broken, it just wasn't any good for power users like us who use MO. This means that the new MO (NMO) now becomes the official branded Nexus software, built by the guy who gave us MO. He isn;t just going to say screw MO function and throw it out the window, it will be better, because now he's actually being paid to build this new manager. How could you possibly ever be sad about this. MO will come back with a new name, and even more feature rich than ever before. This is a GOOD thing.