Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

In response to post #43554350. #43600485 is also a reply to the same post.

dinosw wrote: +1 for NeMO & NMO

There are some fun suggestions, but I'd rather it be simple.

I am against the idea, of simply naming it NMM, as it will not be a continuation of that program, nor a merge using parts of the program.

A new program, built from the ground up, deserves a new name, and having it use both Nexus and Mod Organiser for the name, honors both of the programs, which we have used and loved.

hati39 wrote: +1

+1 for NeMO, 'cause you can easily pronounce it

I like NeMO, too. Not just ease of pronunciation. Remember the Nautilus :D

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. Both NMM and MO are superb mod managers. Having the ability to switch 'modes' in the new Mod Manager will be a nice and streamline way for new & experienced modders alike to 'switch' between a more 'MO style' or 'NMM style' interface. :)

In response to post #43554350. #43600485, #43615925 are all replies on the same post.

I am against the idea, of simply naming it NMM, as it will not be a continuation of that program, nor a merge using parts of the program.
A new program, built from the ground up, deserves a new name, and having it use both Nexus and Mod Organiser for the name, honors both of the programs, which we have used and loved.
MegaEvilDog wrote: +1 for NeMO, 'cause you can easily pronounce it

+1 NeMO/NMO FTW! 'NexusModOrganizer' :D

In response to post #43554350. #43600485, #43615925, #43631500 are all replies on the same post.

Zylice wrote: +1 NeMO/NMO FTW! 'NexusModOrganizer' :D

+1

In response to post #43600675. #43602615 is also a reply to the same post.

hati39 wrote: Unfortunately I never got an answer to my posting on 19 Oct 2016, and there seem to be more people interested to:

Any idea or perhaps a timeline from the devs about what period we are talking about? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Just because the day comes closer when I have to decide whether I start modding manually or wait for a tool.
Kuliator wrote: As a programmer, it's quite difficult to give an approximate release date, even harder if it is something this big from scratch, so wait a month, and probably they would have an idea of how much time this will take so they give us a date.

Oh yes, I know, I'm far from asking for a release date. And under normal circumstances I wouldn't ask. But in less than 2 hours my dl is ready and I'm pretty sure that there will be mods I'm desperalety missing.

So if they say, "we can use parts of the code and are sure to have an alpha ready in a few weeks", I would wait for a while.
But if they say, "we are only 2 coders and really create from scratch using new tools we are not familiar with, we may could present a pre-alpha late 2017", I would start the good old manual way, with all it's extra work and disk space and waiting time for copying 20gig to external hds before overwriting half of the games data etc ;)

However, perhaps after 2 weeks they might had one or the other meeting and could at least give a hint if we are talking about 2 weeks or 2 years.

So long as I can mod the crap out of Skyrim SE, I think it will be nice to be able to use NMM directly instead of MO - NMM - installation. I'm not an advanced modder, I'm not an advanced mod user, but I needed MO to put over 300 mods together and it was a b&@*$ to get it right to be stable; I do hope that a combined project can lead to a greater gaming experience.

In response to post #43554350. #43600485, #43615925, #43631500, #43639140 are all replies on the same post.

Zylice wrote: +1 NeMO/NMO FTW! 'NexusModOrganizer' :D
Ruhrpottpatriot wrote: +1

I love the name NeMO, but will Disney? Lol

+1 for NMO or NeMO if possible.