Creator of MO now working for Nexus on new NMM

twiztedmongoloid

Thinking out loud here.... I know some people want the virtualization system from Mod Organizer. I also know that some people prefer the direct install method. Perhaps there could be a switch to enable the virtualization in the advanced part of the tool. I think it would be best to offer both solutions if at all possible.

Thinking out loud here.... I know some people want the virtualization system from Mod Organizer. I also know that some people prefer the direct install method. Perhaps there could be a switch to enable the virtualization in the advanced part of the tool. I think it would be best to offer both solutions if at all possible.

Tannin said the vision is for to be "modular"

Meaning people can pick and choose what features they need and want. So users who want simplicity can have it.

Users who want advanced features like the current MO. Can have it.

I would imagine it willl have everything that MO currently does just implemented in an improved way. Otherwise there would be no sense in hiring him to rebuild it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just switched over to MO from NMM like two weeks ago, which was like a 20 hour ordeal. Then I read this yesterday on the Nexus news page, and cursed my incredible bad timing. Suffice to say, unless the new NMM ends up being a dramatic step-up, I won't be switching again.

So I just switched over to MO from NMM like two weeks ago, which was like a 20 hour ordeal. Then I read this yesterday on the Nexus news page, and cursed my incredible bad timing. Suffice to say, unless the new NMM ends up being a dramatic step-up, I won't be switching again.

I guarantee your current playthru will over, before it gets released. Promise.

I guarantee your current playthru will over, before it gets released. Promise.

After going through that trouble, I don't want to have to do a ground-up reinstall ever again. But, you're right, I don't see it being live for quite a while.