SKSE

Lodbrok

so no skyUI for consoles :C

You can't have a skyUI with Mod Configuration Menu, searching function and such - because those things rely on SKSE to work.

That said, you should be able to port everything else over, and basically get most if not all the layout changes and regular functionality - so a SkyUI "lite" should be fine.

I think Ive heard reports of people getting version 2.2 to work (the last version not requring SKSE to work).

-Stigma

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so no skyUI for consoles :C

You can't have a skyUI with Mod Configuration Menu, searching function and such - because those things rely on SKSE to work.

That said, you should be able to port everything else over, and basically get most if not all the layout changes and regular functionality - so a SkyUI "lite" should be fine.

I think Ive heard reports of people getting version 2.2 to work (the last version not requring SKSE to work).

-Stigma

Yup, but not completely. For example, there is no sorting for Viadan's Bag of Holding, but there is for the player's inventory when you are putting things into the BoH. I sitll wouldn't do without either!

Remember they're also working on F4SE at the same time when asking "When done bruh".

Yes but they're prioritizing SKSE64 and not F4SE because there is a pretty big demand on SKSE and already a lot of mods depend on SKSE. Expired (one of the main devs on F4SE) has hopped over onto SKSE64 development as well. I am unsure if ianpatt is also working on SKSE64 or F4SE (or both) but suffice to say (educated guess) I think F4SE will not have too much impact on SKSE64 development.

I doubt if the team has the bandwidth for a phased approach, but it sure would be nice to have a release that only supported SkyUI and MCM, to free up all the mods that are currently blocked. SkyUI and MCM only use a tiny part of the facilities in SKSE. Just that small subset might be enough to get animations going.

I doubt if the team has the bandwidth for a phased approach, but it sure would be nice to have a release that only supported SkyUI and MCM, to free up all the mods that are currently blocked. SkyUI and MCM only use a tiny part of the facilities in SKSE. Just that small subset might be enough to get animations going.

If I'm not mistaken, they said SkyUI and MCM will take precedence over the implementation and release of the various functionalities.