SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a real question though, will the SKSE64 be able to do more than the 32bit version? will we be able to do more as mod users and as mod creators? or will it be just the same features

From just the SKSE64 perspective there won't initially be any more functionality than available in SKSE. In fact there is a distinct possibility that the initial version of SKSE64 will have less functionality than SKSE-proper. It depends on how much time it takes for us to get things together. As for Special Edition being 64-bit and perhaps having more performance and memory headroom - that is not specifically tied to SKSE64 and I am not an expert to speak on that.

If it is to measure in percentage, what would be the percentage of work done so far, so that the new version is released? 10%, 25%, 0.02%? Thank u for the great job!!!

I'm not going to try and estimate percentages right now. I haven't done a proper accounting of what number of addresses have been found and what number of functions have been completed. That is for a little later in the process. Right now I am just focusing on the work itself.

So I've been meaning to ask, can skse support a jira/issue tracker & become open source for others to help contribute to?

We haven't opened up any sort of issue tracker in the past. We've used the forums and email to collect issue information. Perhaps it is time to change that? We'll see. All of the script extenders provide source so that folks can investigate the code. Unless you are experienced with reverse engineering there is not a ton that can be done to help right at the moment. Having a completely open repository for the code isn't the best plan for the script extenders, given the fairly specialized nature of the work. SO we're going to keep our repository internal and just share the output when we release each build.

Thank u again by clarification good luck!!!

I never really got into Oldrim that much but something about this new energy with SE is making me get excited about playing and modding again.

So thank you, ALL contributors, not just SKSE team. But yes especially SKSE team lol.

"Oldrim" :down: tf dude

The SKSE team said they will make a version for Special Edition, they just didn't give a time frame as to when it'll be released. Most people have speculated that it will be within the first month at the most, but no one knows for sure.

skse team posted Oct 2016 ...no prgress yet...please be patient...blah, blah, blah.. Today it is Dec 2016 and still no progress....so I guess most people should ...speculate...about a different e.t.a. (if ever) ...as it has been said they will not be porting skse to Skyrim S.E. .....ever. (But...if someone else wants to do the work and give skse team the credit.....then they said it would be okay.) Why even release S.E. if the best mods (and we all know modding is a HUGE draw for Skyrim) do not (and probably will never) work with S.E. ?????

You can quote things from late-October, but you're unable to review what has been posted even within the past week in this thread? I'm going to assume you were heavily inebriated when you posted this, for your sake.

Looks like they check in every couple of weeks to let us know they're still breathing and laboring heroically away at bringing us the precious?

Anyone know if there's any way to sign up for an alert when it is out? I'll keep checking periodically, but I can't deny knowing as soon as it's ready for mass testing would be delightful xD

Anyway! To the Devs of SKSE, THANK YOU! Take care of yourselves during this (in some places) cold and miserable season <3

And now all together ... smiley_emoticons_kingu6xps.gif

P.S. ... It´s that simple: no SKSE64, NO Skyrim-SE (worth to play or even have a look on it).

We love you guys (Ian Patterson, Stephen Abel and Paul Connelly) !

And yes, would be nice if Bethesda threw some help in ... but I doubt.

The Publisher has his thumb on it and their lawyers won´t allow any precedence.

Edited by forumsurfer78

So I have a question, since SSE is 64-bit, would the SKSE memory patch for Oldrim even be needed? Or would a fully functioning SKSE64 be able to push the boundries of what the old patch offered. On a related note, do you think ENBoost will be needed?

No need for a memory patch, the x64 architecture that SSE runs with makes that sort of patch useless.