⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havok also long stopped being open source(you can no longer get their tool for free).

Â

Just out of curiosity - how does open source code in Havok become not open source?

Most open source licenses expressly prohibit that kind of behavior.

Kind of like when Wix was caught stealing GPL code from WordPress for use in their private product.

I don't believe it was ever open source. It had a license to download free of charge. But never had the source code available or terms that said it would never become a non free to download tool.

That sounds right to me. Free to download is not at all the same as open source.

What's even crazier, even if it were open-source that doesn't mean it's free. It just means the source code is available for review. I've seen some commercial products that are open-source but not free to use in any way.

lol havok was never open source. gotta love ppl spreading rumours and misinformation...

Also seriously? HDT? with so much more pertinent issues, and ppl are worrying about HDT?

Lets just wait for SKSE64... and as for plugins, ppl should address their concerns to the respective plugin authors, not the SKSE team directly, and specially not at this point

So its like a free-source open download? Or a source-free open download?

It's nothing. No open source, no freeware. Since MS bought it from Intel, you cannot have havok for free in any way or shape. OF course a game dev working for a company that acquired a license for it would have access to the code, but that's one hefty amount of money the company pays. We're stuck with nothing.

So its like a free-source open download? Or a source-free open download?

It's nothing. No open source, no freeware. Since MS bought it from Intel, you cannot have havok for free in any way or shape. OF course a game dev working for a company that acquired a license for it would have access to the code, but that's one hefty amount of money the company pays. We're stuck with nothing.

Sorry that was meant as a joke :D. Thanks for the info though.

Hey also some guy posted on the forum they found some tool in the creation kit in the tools folder that supposedly converts the old Havok stuff to "new" havok stuff. I have no idea how this works, so if you's didn't know it was there maybe it could be worth a look!

Surely Sony would allow such a thing! I mean, look how leniant they were with the modding. The damned bleeding hearts they are.

Sarcasm aside, good luck getting either of them to get on board with it :D

We appreciate all of your support and desire to contribute. However, the Script Extender team cannot accept donations. We work in the software and game industries and accepting payment could compromise our ability to continue working on the project. Plus when we started this whole thing (back with OBSE in 2006) it was not permissible for any modders to accept any money (via donations, patreons, gofundmes or what have you). So the spirit in which we started these projects continues - we make the script extenders to enable better mods to make a better game experience. If you want to give back to the community - go write a mod or support the mod developers directly.

You are an absolutely amazing effing human being. I hope our paths cross one day so I can shake your hand and buy you a beer.

I'm right there with you dude. Its pretty remarkable that these guys put in such an enormous amount of effort and expect nothing in return.

SKSE team - know that your work is INCREDIBLY appreciated. You guys exemplify the absolute best of the gaming community. <3