⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Behippo and the rest of the silverlock team;

Thanks for all the joy you made possible with the SE's. I would donate if you guys made it possible or wanted/needed it, even if it's to have an extra day of because you guys deserve it :P I'd offer you a coffee if I ever would meet you :p

Does SSE even need SKSE? Since it is 64bit now shouldn't it work better now because it has more memory? (I don't have any Idea about this stuff just asking pls don't jump on me :c )

SKSE was never about memory. It's about what its name implies: Script extending. Allowing papryus more flexibility than it natively has. SSE is basically where Skyrim was before action script was extended.

We appreciate all of your support and desire to contribute. However, the Script Extender team cannot accept donations. We work in the software and game industries and accepting payment could compromise our ability to continue working on the project. Plus when we started this whole thing (back with OBSE in 2006) it was not permissible for any modders to accept any money (via donations, patreons, gofundmes or what have you). So the spirit in which we started these projects continues - we make the script extenders to enable better mods to make a better game experience. If you want to give back to the community - go write a mod or support the mod developers directly.

A big salute to you and the team doing SKSE,

refusing $ yet encouraging creativity

and supporting those who create mods

with your vital work, and enticing support for them, not yourelvss.

This is so inspiring that even Bethesda can not ignore your efforts.

They should at least help you on the way to do so.

They obviously know of your potential in this SE run?

Beth should have hired the lot of you and just slapped SKSE64 into the SE version. Is there a way that beth would do something like EverQuest workshop? mods can be sold through it and a part of that money could be funneled into SKSE64 / SKSE-SE? anything to make the "updated" version playable would be nice.

Edited by Mageman1842

Taken from SKSE's webpage:

"Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016"

So in the very, very, veryyyyyyyyyyy early stages of investigation/pre-planning. I'd say best case scenario would be a marginally working prototype of SKSE64 sometime between January-March at best. SKSE has been built over the last 5 years, one piece at a time; and SKSE64 is an entirely different beast altogether. Here's hopping for SKSE64 and SkyUi6 in early-mid 2017 :)

To BeHippo and the rest of the Script Extender Team,

Thank you so much for your incredible and hard work. Your devotion to everyone in the community is truly a blessing. We wish you speed and ease in your efforts and hope everything comes together quickly, for your sake and ours. Your work means a lot to many of us and I'm sure you don't get nearly the credit, thanks, or reward you guys so much deserve. Keep up the awesome work. We're all rooting for you.

Edited by aflyingchair