⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

SKSE

Lodbrok

So first time poster, long time modder (user), looking to try and give back to this great community!

Steam needs to finish downloading (~12 min), but I have a 64 bit version of SKSE I'm going to throw at this game and see what happens.

Space Monkey currently awaiting launch. Wish me luck!

So what exactly is your '64-bit version of SKSE'? Is it just building the original SKSE code for 64-bit? If so - that really isn't going to work. At all.

SKSE depends upon hundreds of addresses inside the Skyrim binary. It depends upon knowing the internal class layout of the engine code and leveraging functions from Bethesda that we have uncovered. It also needs to patch the binary and functions so that our code is invoked properly- and this is a massively different process on 64-bit. Simply taking a look at the differences in what our code looks like between SKSE and F4SE will tell you that there is a huge amount of work to do.

no, it means that they need to rewrite more than half the code for the new architecture since they initially wrote it for 32 bit

Yes many thanks indeed!! Keep up the good work!!

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We appreciate all of your support and desire to contribute. However, the Script Extender team cannot accept donations. We work in the software and game industries and accepting payment could compromise our ability to continue working on the project. Plus when we started this whole thing (back with OBSE in 2006) it was not permissible for any modders to accept any money (via donations, patreons, gofundmes or what have you). So the spirit in which we started these projects continues - we make the script extenders to enable better mods to make a better game experience. If you want to give back to the community - go write a mod or support the mod developers directly.

You are an absolutely amazing effing human being. I hope our paths cross one day so I can shake your hand and buy you a beer.

I'm right there with you dude. Its pretty remarkable that these guys put in such an enormous amount of effort and expect nothing in return.

SKSE team - know that your work is INCREDIBLY appreciated. You guys exemplify the absolute best of the gaming community. <3

I totally agree. Building the most important mod for Skyrim with old modding values, like not expecting any kind of donations, is really honorable. Nearly every good mod, which isn't just a replacer, depends on it. The whole community is just waiting SKSE64 to update their mods and create new ones. Thank you so much for your mod which made Skyrim-modding that great! :thumbsup:

Does this post mean that the new beta update fixes the 'psuedo-debug mode with a big extra jump table in between all of the functions'? I hope this is so, and that it means SKSE development can go more smoothly!

Thank you for all the work you're doing SKSE team, you are wonderful, inspirational human beings.

On the subject of SKSE, I have spoken with several big names in the modding community and everyone agrees that it will probably be several moths before a working SKSE is out. If you are interested, Brodul has a very enlightening vid on Youtube about a work around for SKSE and SkyUI. It's not THE answer, but it's an idea.

Does this post mean that the new beta update fixes the 'psuedo-debug mode with a big extra jump table in between all of the functions'? I hope this is so, and that it means SKSE development can go more smoothly!

Yes, it does. This makes the code easier to read (for us) and faster to run (for the computer), so it's good for everyone. The tools used to help automate updating for different versions of the executable also break when compiler options are changed, so it's good that this is being done before we have hundreds of addresses to update.