SKSE

Lodbrok

The probability of quest mods that involve extremely high costs with VAs, translations, country specific VAs and so on is .. slim.

I'm confused. We're partly already there, and with free mods.

Although I doubt country specific VAs would be a priority even with this.

Official content requires that. Where you are with free mods is irrelevant to CC.

Ah, I didn't know it was a requirement.

Well, not sure what else I'd pay for. I heard Chesko signed up too, but his main mods are already free. Unless he plans on making some all-in-one suite of existing ones. Not sure that'd count. We'll see.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​JESUS CHRIST! WTF HAPPENED???

​I know I sound stupid...

but I visited this discussion in May last time, I think, and I thought that it isn't coming out for quite some time so I decided to take a break but I never thought things would change this much...

so I guess it isn't coming out at all ?

what's up now ?

anyone up for a summery ?

I found this at PC GAMER : http://www.pcgamer.com/top-fallout-4-and-skyrim-modders-weigh-in-on-bethesdas-creation-club/

I think this answers my question...

“We do this in our spare time. I don’t do it to make donations or money, I do it because I want to do it. At the same time, I’m spending a lot of my time to do this and get almost literally nothing out of it … Most people would say ‘go find another job,’ but if you like doing this, what’s wrong with getting paid to do it?” - Brendan Borthwick

I found this at PC GAMER : http://www.pcgamer.com/top-fallout-4-and-skyrim-modders-weigh-in-on-bethesdas-creation-club/

“We do this in our spare time. I don’t do it to make donations or money, I do it because I want to do it. At the same time, I’m spending a lot of my time to do this and get almost literally nothing out of it … Most people would say ‘go find another job,’ but if you like doing this, what’s wrong with getting paid to do it?” - Brendan Borthwick

LOL, enormous number of mods and modders depends on SKSE but I do it in my spare time, I don't give a f*#@ about thousends of people waiting for it, and of course I don't know what GitHhub is to speed the development, nuff said.

​JESUS CHRIST! WTF HAPPENED???

​I know I sound stupid...

but I visited this discussion in May last time, I think, and I thought that it isn't coming out for quite some time so I decided to take a break but I never thought things would change this much...

so I guess it isn't coming out at all ?

what's up now ?

anyone up for a summery ?

It'll be here when it'll be here. That about sums it up. :D

I'd suggest just playing SE. It still has a lot of great mods already.

LOL, enormous number of mods and modders depends on SKSE but I do it in my spare time, I don't give a f*** about thousends of people waiting for it, and of course I don't know what GitHhub is to speed the development, nuff said.

expired6978 (Brendan Borthwick) doesn't work on SKSE.

LOL, enormous number of mods and modders depends on SKSE but I do it in my spare time, I don't give a f*** about thousends of people waiting for it, and of course I don't know what GitHhub is to speed the development, nuff said.

That person's post, as well as the article, has nothing at all to do with SKSE. It's about the Creation Club. That person in particular was talking about getting paid for modding.

To your point, it doesn't matter how many millions of people and mods might be waiting for SKSE. No one is entitled to it. And the fact is that the SKSE team does do the work in their free time without any sort of compensation (aside from the few donations here and there they may receive). It wouldn't exist at all, as a free tool for Oldrim, without their effort.

Edited by nightscrawl

That person's post, as well as the article, has nothing at all to do with SKSE. It's about the Creation Club. That person in particular was talking about getting paid for modding.

To your point, it doesn't matter how many millions of people and mods might be waiting for SKSE. No one is entitled to it. And the fact is that the SKSE team does do the work in their free time without any sort of compensation (aside from the few donations here and there they may receive). It wouldn't exist at all, as a free tool for Oldrim, without their effort.

I mean they announced the development of SKSKE64, posted some news and then they closed the main topic on the forum. How are we supposed to understand this? It would be OK if they placed the current data on GitHub so other motivated and talented people can do their work.

~

I mean they announced the development of SKSKE64, posted some news and then they closed the main topic on the forum. How are we supposed to understand this? It would be OK if they placed the current data on GitHub so other motivated and talented people can do their work.

Oh for f*#@ sake.. the requirements are already posted, all you need to do and know in order to join in and help finish SKSE is there. I don't see anyone jumping in, so guess all those motivated and talented people aren't really motivated or talented.