SKSE

Lodbrok

I am not knowledgeable in matters of programming. I just appreciate good programing. So I can't make this mod, couldn't even begin to fake it. But I would be more than happy to pay for this mod. This script extender is really holding up any real progress with the modding community here and it would be a shame if the 64 bit Skyrim just died out because of it. It frustrates me to see tons of new mods weekly for Oldrim and just 1or 2 mods for SE, not to mention mod authors unwillingness to bring their mods over to SE. I really stopped playing Oldrim because of countless crashes and bug fixes and memory extenders etc... (way too much trouble to get a semi almost stable game) 64 bit is really superior to Oldrim and would work flawlessly with tons of great mods, just look at the new Bruma mod as an example or Open Cities which was unplayable in Oldrim. I know there are reports that they are working on Fallout but I really don't care about fallout so much as it works fine as it is. I would love to play Skyrim SE with all the Oldrim mods and then some. Unfortunatly the longer it takes for a script extender the more interest is going to wane and people will start to drop off.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not knowledgeable in matters of programming. I just appreciate good programing. So I can't make this mod, couldn't even begin to fake it. But I would be more than happy to pay for this mod. This script extender is really holding up any real progress with the modding community here and it would be a shame if the 64 bit Skyrim just died out because of it. It frustrates me to see tons of new mods weekly for Oldrim and just 1or 2 mods for SE, not to mention mod authors unwillingness to bring their mods over to SE. I really stopped playing Oldrim because of countless crashes and bug fixes and memory extenders etc... (way too much trouble to get a semi almost stable game) 64 bit is really superior to Oldrim and would work flawlessly with tons of great mods, just look at the new Bruma mod as an example or Open Cities which was unplayable in Oldrim. I know there are reports that they are working on Fallout but I really don't care about fallout so much as it works fine as it is. I would love to play Skyrim SE with all the Oldrim mods and then some. Unfortunatly the longer it takes for a script extender the more interest is going to wane and people will start to drop off.

I hear you about stability. It's really quite awful, in retrospect. I'm just curious what kind things people really miss that need a script extender? I can barely think of any for myself. Even the great mods I used (Deadly Dragons, for example), I can still get by without... just with non-skse dragon combat improvements.

Funnily, the only thing I truly miss is Skyrim's default pallete. lol. The greenish hue, I mean. I wasn't a fan of ENBs (outside enboost) and Skyrim's new pallete is hit and miss for me. Funnily I would use an ENB NOW on SE if someone mimicked Skyrim's old look.

I hear you about stability. It's really quite awful, in retrospect. I'm just curious what kind things people really miss that need a script extender? I can barely think of any for myself. Even the great mods I used (Deadly Dragons, for example), I can still get by without... just with non-skse dragon combat improvements.

Funnily, the only thing I truly miss is Skyrim's default pallete. lol. The greenish hue, I mean. I wasn't a fan of ENBs (outside enboost) and Skyrim's new pallete is hit and miss for me. Funnily I would use an ENB NOW on SE if someone mimicked Skyrim's old look.

Additem menu,

mfg console

hdt physics exstention

high heels system

fuz ro d-oh

Racemenu or E.C.E.

Just a few mods that make use of skse. Maybe some skilled people can make new versions for SkyrimSE, but for SkyrimLE it is very handy skse exist.

And off course you can without it, but for me it makes the game nicer and better.

Additem menu,

mfg console

hdt physics exstention

high heels system

fuz ro d-oh

Racemenu or E.C.E.

Just a few mods that make use of skse. Maybe some skilled people can make new versions for SkyrimSE, but for SkyrimLE it is very handy skse exist.

And off course you can without it, but for me it makes the game nicer and better.

What does mfgconsole do exactly? lol.. I hate to admit being familiar with this, but the only thing I've seen use it is Sexlab. I guess for face expressions? Not a big priority for me, personally.

~

I mean they announced the development of SKSKE64, posted some news and then they closed the main topic on the forum. How are we supposed to understand this? It would be OK if they placed the current data on GitHub so other motivated and talented people can do their work.

Oh for f*** sake.. the requirements are already posted, all you need to do and know in order to join in and help finish SKSE is there. I don't see anyone jumping in, so guess all those motivated and talented people aren't really motivated or talented.

I think he sees github as a magic website that generates code on its own, instead of what it really is: an organizational system.

If you're going to be unreasonable and selfish, why not go all the way and ask Bethesda to release their engine code so there'd be no need to reverse engineer it? That's the selfish wish in my heart. But I don't whine about it because I'm not an entitled brat.

Many of the SKSE mods are for specialty things I have no interest in. However, the one thing I think that a broad range of people use is RaceMenu. Even SkyUI is 2.2 is mostly functional in SSE, so I'm not even counting that. But RaceMenu absolutely needs SKSE (and SkyUI with SKSE) to function.

Other than that single mod, I haven't missed SKSE in my own game because of the mods I choose to use. There are some others from Oldrim that require SKSE, but I'm getting by without those. I do miss RaceMenu though...

Edited by nightscrawl

This script extender is really holding up any real progress with the modding community here and it would be a shame if the 64 bit Skyrim just died out because of it.

It's neither holding things up nor is the SSE modding community dying out. That's hyperbole that has no place. SSE's modding community is very much alive and well and churning out quality stuff. All without the supposed absolute necessity of SKSE.

... Open Cities which was unplayable in Oldrim.

Not entirely true. It only becomes problematic in LE if you have a massive load order, and even then it's entirely solved by the SKSE memory patch. The reason it's no longer an issue in SSE is because SSE has no need for that memory patch.

Honestly, SKSE has become a crutch. One people seem unwilling to consider as such. Just look around at the various mods that claimed to once need it that ported to SSE just fine without it. Mod authors just need to be willing to be more inventive in their solutions. Obviously DLL hacks are a different story, but then SSE doesn't require them so it's kind of a moot point.

Many of the SKSE mods are for specialty things I have no interest in. However, the one thing I think that a broad range of people use is RaceMenu. Even SkyUI is 2.2 is mostly functional in SSE, so I'm not even counting that. But RaceMenu absolutely needs SKSE (and SkyUI with SKSE) to function.

Other than that single mod, I haven't missed SKSE in my own game because of the mods I choose to use. There are some others from Oldrim that require SKSE, but I'm getting by without those. I do miss RaceMenu though...

I don't even need racemenu personally, but I understand the desire for it....as well as the myriad CC options in general. I actually just stick with vanilla (just like I prefer the Vanilla palette and imagespaces). I end up just writing sliders on a Notepad file. lol. I make things hard for myself. As for SkyUI, I definitely understand.... although I myself use a gamepad for Skyrim (ugh, in addition to Vanilla looks, I do this. I'm weird aren't I?).