SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another fix. I used this one when the update hit me last year.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:25 AM by cdredz.

SKSE64 FIX

Spread these steps! That's how you solve this nonsense. Show them!

1. Start by pressing win+R, and then pasting: steam://nav/console

2. A steam console should appear now, just paste the following line: download_depot 489830 489833 911281757511576655

3. The v1.5.3 exe will downloaded to [...]steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

4. Just go to where the exe was downloaded and paste the old exe inside your root skyrim folder replacing the "new" one.

These steps used to work, but the download command needs updating so it downloads the executable for SSE 1.5.39 instead of 1.5.3. I'm not personally smart enough to do this.

EDIT: Whoops! Correct command for 1.5.39 is in a pervious post on the thread:

download_depot 489830 489833 1298692161422189837

Still downloads to [...]steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

Reports are (can't remember where, sorry) that if you can restore the SSE masterfiles and SkyrimSE.exe from File History or Previous Versions or whatever your version of Windows calls it, that's the best bet. Because of this update, I have now made absolutely sure my Skyrim folder is getting included in File History.

While the Monday Labor Day holiday might indeed keep the team from updating right away (Thanks, Bethesda; Nice timing) It should only be a few days beyond the weekend I would think. The Silverlock team is very good about keeping SKSE updated.

another fix. I used this one when the update hit me last year.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:25 AM by cdredz.

SKSE64 FIX

Spread these steps! That's how you solve this nonsense. Show them!

1. Start by pressing win+R, and then pasting: steam://nav/console

2. A steam console should appear now, just paste the following line: download_depot 489830 489833 911281757511576655

3. The v1.5.3 exe will downloaded to [...]steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

4. Just go to where the exe was downloaded and paste the old exe inside your root skyrim folder replacing the "new" one.

These steps used to work, but the download command needs updating so it downloads the executable for SSE 1.5.39 instead of 1.5.3. I'm not personally smart enough to do this.

EDIT: Whoops! Correct command for 1.5.39 is in a pervious post on the thread:

download_depot 489830 489833 1298692161422189837

Still downloads to [...]steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

Reports are (can't remember where, sorry) that if you can restore the SSE masterfiles and SkyrimSE.exe from File History or Previous Versions or whatever your version of Windows calls it, that's the best bet. Because of this update, I have now made absolutely sure my Skyrim folder is getting included in File History.

You are right, this is a older version, you have to download the matching SKSE64 as well. I still run a older version SKSE64 and everything works fine.

After i tried to set back the old version and constant ended up with steam instant replacing the files i gave up on that.

i can not set steam to offline because i play online games which do not start if steam is offline.

I am using vortex 0.16 and disabled all mods,which needs skse then started SSE and checked if my so called corrupted games saves really are corrupted.

Guess what they are not as soon as you get the mods running which are needed so DO NOT DELETE THEM.

You simply can start a new game for the time being, for me its kinda simple i start a new game when i want to achieve something i do not want on my main character.

For instance i do not want my main character to become either a vampire or werewolf so i am now playing a new character to become a vampire and am going to see if i can do the yorfaskar quests to become a werewolf after i have done the vampire leveling up. If not ill make a new character which will be that gameplay from now on.

I like to mention i love to play all types of characters so i got plenty modded characters with low impact mods i can use to play in al i got 14 different saved games to use.

Ofcourse its annoying that your stuck with the crappy inventory and no sorting but the gameplay stays the same :D

BTW be warned if you want to test vortex 0.16, i had a lot of issues to get that working. a lot of files got corrupted for unknown reason.

So stick at the official good releases for now if you are not willing to download all mods and replace the already installed ones

After i tried to set back the old version and constant ended up with steam instant replacing the files i gave up on that.

i can not set steam to offline because i play online games which do not start if steam is offline.

I am using vortex 0.16 and disabled all mods,which needs skse then started SSE and checked if my so called corrupted games saves really are corrupted.

Guess what they are not as soon as you get the mods running which are needed so DO NOT DELETE THEM.

You simply can start a new game for the time being, for me its kinda simple i start a new game when i want to achieve something i do not want on my main character.

For instance i do not want my main character to become either a vampire or werewolf so i am now playing a new character to become a vampire and am going to see if i can do the yorfaskar quests to become a werewolf after i have done the vampire leveling up. If not ill make a new character which will be that gameplay from now on.

I like to mention i love to play all types of characters so i got plenty modded characters with low impact mods i can use to play in al i got 14 different saved games to use.

Ofcourse its annoying that your stuck with the crappy inventory and no sorting but the gameplay stays the same :D

BTW be warned if you want to test vortex 0.16, i had a lot of issues to get that working. a lot of files got corrupted for unknown reason.

So stick at the official good releases for now if you are not willing to download all mods and replace the already installed ones

Steam doesn't have to be offline if you use the SKSE launcher. Never run SkyrimSSE.exe (or whatever it's called) directly, if you set Steam to only update on game start you have no problem.

Steam doesn't have to be offline if you use the SKSE launcher. Never run SkyrimSSE.exe (or whatever it's called) directly, if you set Steam to only update on game start you have no problem.

I don't get why this false information continues to circulate. Steam most definitely needs to be online to load the game and attempting to load it through the SKSE loader will force the client to start up, at which point your update will commence whether you want it to or not.

"Only update this game when I launch it" works to keep the upate from happening. I had no idea there was even an update until several days into a modfest something I had just downloaded complained about the game being too old. But yeah, Offline mode won't stop it.