[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disabling Vsyn in skyrim.ini resolves the framerate drop issue but creates screen tears instead. Forcing V-Sync on my AMD Crimson settings but to no avail. :sad:

I used radeonpro to force vsync.

RadeonPro doesn't seem to work for me. Despite enabling V-Sync the scree tearing is still there.

I was having random FPS drops - running at 90-100 fps most of the time then sudden drops to 10 for no apparent reason on Win 10 system with 1080 gtx and a g-sync display. I disabled g-sync and set refresh at 60hz and now rock solid 60 fps butter smooth everywhere with no tearing - so happy camper.

Stoked in general now about SSE as I have 65 mods installed so far and it loads super fast, cell switches are fast... now I just need another 100 of my must-have mods and I'll be in heaven ;-)

Edited by KurganSPK

Stupid question, does nvinspector have a skyrim SE profile? I can't find it, and when I change the regular skyrim's entry it doesn't affect SE. I could create a new profile and add the skyrim SE .exe, but I don't know if all the settings in there are configured correctly or if they matter. I have the 375.70 drivers.

Stupid question, does nvinspector have a skyrim SE profile? I can't find it, and when I change the regular skyrim's entry it doesn't affect SE. I could create a new profile and add the skyrim SE .exe, but I don't know if all the settings in there are configured correctly or if they matter. I have the 375.70 drivers.

No, you have to create profile first in Nvidia Control Panel (Dunno if possible in Inspector) just add .exe and it will create it, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/euLdGiP.png

Then click House icon in Nvidia Inspector to select Skyrim profile.

http://i.imgur.com/G8lEu3B.png

Edited by IE33

1. Manage 3d settings

2. Tab to Program settings

3. Click add. Find the SE exe. Add it, set it.

4. Now open up NV Profile Inspector. Click the home icon. It's listed there.

5. Set it. Save it. (It might take 2 clicks on the save. Did for me.)

6. Golden.