[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Call me stupid, but how do you get the frame rate numbers visible? By the way I use AMD R9 390.

I use Fraps, FPS counter in my screenshots is from it.

Edited by IE33

IE3 you are my hero of the day, it works perfect, it goes up to 55 » Whiterun stables.

it was incredible, i came from 50+ outdoor (Skyrim Legendary HDmodded) to 30 fps average without any mods in SSE Oo

there is a loss, but, this is way better.

Thks again

@@

Much better, thanks so much for the tip. With the game's v-sync while i was at a smooth 60 FPS in interiors, as soon as I stepped outside I'd immediately hover anywhere between 24 to 28 FPS, which is unacceptable. Forced v-sync (note to AMD users, you'll have to use a third party program like RadeonPro to force it, trying to force it in Crimson won't work), via drivers and turned off in the ini puts me at averaging around 45 to 50 FPS outside. This is with HD texture packs like Noble Skyrim, Book of Silence, and Rustic Clothing. Sooo much smoother and stable than Skyrim original.

At this point all I really need from a mod capacity that's not yet available is Bodyslide.

Edited by SacredKnight81

Firstly thanks for sharing the wisdom. :smile:

I'm having a couple of issues though. For some reason, 'ipresentinverval' is nowhere to be found in any of the config files. After checking Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini I even checked the others that happened to be there and found nothing. I managed to disable the vsync, though. Any advice?

I think I changed the right AMD settings to force it through there, but the frame rate is still uncapped in-game. I enabled frame rate target control at 61FPS and set "wait for vertical refresh" to "always on". Not quite sure whether the frame rate is therefore meant to be capped in-game (but isn't), or if you need the 'ipresentinterval' thingy for that to happen.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing, so excuse any stupid mistakes. :tongue:

Edit: I read the post above and realised I wasn't using RadeonPro, but now I am and I'm not entirely sure if I'm using it correctly. I setup a Skyrim profile and set vsync control to 'always on' and selected 'lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate' under 'direct 3D tweaks'. Under 'visual' I also ticked 'vertical sync control' and selected 'always on'. Is this right? By the way, frame rate is still the same after this.

Again, sorry for noobness!

Edited by Aphelion0

It literally says: Edit or Add to Skyrim.ini | SkyrimPrefs.ini

So if you don't have them add those lines under [Display] in corresponding .ini file

Don't have AMD card so can't help with that.

Skyrim.ini

[Display]
iPresentInterval=0
SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Display]
iVSyncPresentInterval=0
Edited by IE33