[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're having problems getting RadeonPro/Nvidia Inspector to work, you can always try using Fallout 4's ENB. The general ENBoost functions work, as do the framerate caps and force vsync, from what I can tell.

-----

enblocal.ini:

[GLOBAL]
ApplyStabilityPatch=true
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=61.0

-----

Did that with my install with Ultra/Max settings (minus the forced vsync, just changed that to true right now), went from low 40s FPS outside of Whiterun to a solid 61 without stutter during a test earlier.

Bethesda, what the hell did you do :tongue:

Edited by UltimateZero

I made a quick video for those that are having problems configuring Skyrim SE/RadeonPro for AMD cards:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8210563/SSE_AMD.mp4

I'm getting an average 50fps (60 inside towns/interiors) at 1080p on a 2GB R9 285 with everything on Ultra except shadows.

If you're running a 144Hz monitor, change the refresh rate in RadeonPro and cap the fps to 60 (or whatever works without blowing up) instead of locking to the refresh rate.

Edited by Brataccas

I5-3470

16 gig ram

SSD

Sapphire RX-480-8gig

I read that this engine cannot handle over 60 fps. I have a XF270HU 144 hrz moniter with freesync. If I undo the vsync i get tearing galore.

I set the vsync to 0 in skyrimprefs.ini and then locked my frame rate to 60 in wattman and set freesync enabled and no vsynce in the game or drivers and seems to work great so far. If i lock the vsync in the drivers then when i dip below 58 i notice jutter but without it i can go down to 40 and all is smooth. I set my setting to high instead of ultra and i just about stay at 60. Ultra will give me some big dips outside (30-60 fps) Not sure whats up with the game not allowing higher frame rate past 60 as thats why i bought a freesync 144hrz monitor. I run 1440 btw.

Edited by tikarah

Disabling Vsyn in skyrim.ini resolves the framerate drop issue but creates screen tears instead. Forcing V-Sync on my AMD Crimson settings but to no avail. :sad:

Limit fps to 60. setting in wattman allows you to set this.

Edited by tikarah

I had wonky fps, I had to swallow my pride, turning the resolution down from 1920*1080 to 1600*900 (details still ultra). Never went below 60fps after that.

Edited by ginkarasu

I5-6200U

8GB RAM DDR4

NVDIA Geforce GTX950M 4GB

Started SE for the first time excitingly in high settings, sees 25 fps outside Helgen Keep, pissed myself.

Take note that I had an avg of 45fps running Skyrim LE in high settings in 1920x1080 with ENB and 300+ mods, on a LAPTOP.

Disabled VSync in the ini files, forced VSync through NVidia Control Panel and Inspector, editted ENBLocal s*** I forgot no ENBLocal working for SSE :'(
No noticeable improvements. Had to tweak many options in the INI files to run SSE above 45 now.

If you have FPS problems running SSE, here are some other ways to improve it (hopefully) by editting your SkyrimPrefs.ini:

- Drop your shadow resolution to 1K aka 1024 (iShadowMapResolution=1024) .
No noticeable difference really, shadows still look good in SSE cus they fixed all the blocky issue.

- Drop your shadow distance from 3000 to 2800 (fShadowDistance=2800.0000) and (fInteriorShadowDistance=2800.0000)
No noticeable difference, got 1-2 fps back.

Now if you are very very eager to sacrifice the glossiness on both objects and characters in Skyrim for moar FPS, here's what you can do:

Open up Skyrim.ini and add these lines:

[LightingShader]

fDecalLODFadeEnd=0.0600
fDecalLODFadeStart=0.0500
fEnvmapLODFadeEnd=0.0
fEnvmapLODFadeStart=0.0
fEyeEnvmapLODEnd=0.0
fRefractionLODFadeEnd=0.0
fRefractionLODFadeStart=0.0
fSpecularLODFadeEnd=0.0
fSpecularLODFadeStart=0.0

Objects will look less shinier/wetter now, but the FPS gain is a LOT. (At least 5)

Edited by sioweeleng