Creation Kit for Skyrim Special Edition

TerrorFox1234

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080, #43972530, #43987055, #43990475, #43993905 are all replies on the same post.

Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*! we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.

You must be using an AV with a LOT of False Positives then.

I use Kaspersky and it didn't complain at all

What anti-virus program are you using, Avast or AVG?

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned.
Aragingmonk wrote: I use avast and it did pick up the win 32 files in this launcher. I reported it to avast, because the launcher would not let run it in a sandbox. A few hrs later I came back and tried the install a second time. It went in with no issues.

I do not claim everything is a virus and Avast did not make that claim either it flagged it as potential. With the number of companies harvesting and selling data I would rather have a false positive to deal with then find out to late.
(edit) Installed Steam, Uplay, and Origin on this machine and Avast was silent. Not one alert. Thx
andyrancid wrote: Did you try right clicking and running as administrator? I had to. or go into your antivirus and turn it off temporarily. Simple.
krepperk wrote: Sooo...THE OFFICIAL BETHESDA LAUNCHER contains a virus. Yeah. Right.
Aragingmonk wrote: Perhaps what set off the alarms was part of this.
"In addition to personal information, we may collect information from you and YOUR COMPUTER or mobile device through use of our services, embedded within messages to you, within social media, IN SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS, and otherwise. ZeniMax collects non-personal information along with personal information in the context of online and mobile activities, such as online and mobile purchases, registration, or use of a product, service, or our games."
https://bethesda.net/en/document/privacy-policy
"Spyware is software that aims to gather information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

That may trigger an antivirus when they start digging through your system.

The best anti-virus is common sense.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080, #43972530, #43987055, #43990475, #43993905, #43997015 are all replies on the same post.

Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*! we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned.
Aragingmonk wrote: I use avast and it did pick up the win 32 files in this launcher. I reported it to avast, because the launcher would not let run it in a sandbox. A few hrs later I came back and tried the install a second time. It went in with no issues.

I do not claim everything is a virus and Avast did not make that claim either it flagged it as potential. With the number of companies harvesting and selling data I would rather have a false positive to deal with then find out to late.
(edit) Installed Steam, Uplay, and Origin on this machine and Avast was silent. Not one alert. Thx
andyrancid wrote: Did you try right clicking and running as administrator? I had to. or go into your antivirus and turn it off temporarily. Simple.
krepperk wrote: Sooo...THE OFFICIAL BETHESDA LAUNCHER contains a virus. Yeah. Right.
"In addition to personal information, we may collect information from you and YOUR COMPUTER or mobile device through use of our services, embedded within messages to you, within social media, IN SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS, and otherwise. ZeniMax collects non-personal information along with personal information in the context of online and mobile activities, such as online and mobile purchases, registration, or use of a product, service, or our games."
"Spyware is software that aims to gather information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

HomicidalGrouse wrote: The best anti-virus is common sense.

"The best anti-virus is common sense."
"one in every 14 downloads from the Internet may now contain malware"
http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles/malware

I will stick with my premium plan. Thx LOL

I've deeply uninstalled Bethesda.net and reinstalled it, then downloaded CK. It installs the CK and Visual C++ 2012. But when I launch the CK for the first time through Bethesda.net, I still get the Application Error 0xc0000142. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. Edited by Ro84

In response to post #43862710. #43868195, #43914230 are all replies on the same post.

zebra0 wrote: I dont have skyrim special edition but i would like to update my mods to upload them in the nexus for pc and maybe beth.net for the ps4 users to tho i still dont know how.

So what im asking is if someone with the special edition and new creation kit would be able to update them for me so i can upload it? your name will be mentioned in the credits for converting/updating the mods ofcourse.

Its only two mods.

Anyone willing to help please pm me, thanks.
markdunck wrote: If you walk me through the process I will be more than happy to do it.
zebra0 wrote: Thank you very much but its done now i just finished uploading a few minutes ago.

Did you have the person who converted your mod make sure to update the water flow records in it?

How water flows has been redone and there are also new records for it in some world spaces and some cells. If not it will mess up the water in SSE. Edited by Eman17j

In response to post #43884350.

TheOutlander wrote: Anyone know where in the CK this bit from the linked wiki is referring to?

"nifs still need to be converted to the new format individually; while it can be done in the CK there is no batch function for it"

Id like to know too. Been trying to fix some nifs with no luck.

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080, #43972530, #43987055, #43990475, #43993905, #43997015, #43998360 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk

HomicidalGrouse wrote: The best anti-virus is common sense.
Aragingmonk wrote: "The best anti-virus is common sense."
"one in every 14 downloads from the Internet may now contain malware"
http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles/malware

I will stick with my premium plan. Thx LOL

Considering the size and scope of the internet, you are taking that statement faaaaaar too literally.