[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far all the new (and replacer) weapons have custom animations except for the M79 Grenade Launcher (currently using the vanilla double-barrel shotgun anims) and the Barrett M107 (currently using the Mini-14 anims). The Skorpion vz. 61 is using Hitman's Kiparis animation set (my idea, not Hitman's), which has a bit of floating/clipping, but is better than nothing.

The Thompson SMG is set to use War Daddy's right-handed SMG animation set, plus extra anims for the stick mags and vertical foregrip. I much appreciate his offer to expand the set that way, though first I have to finish the new Thompson assets off and get them to him. Speaking of which:

I've finished the Thompson UVs and baking all the additional maps in Substance Painter now, so next up is texturing it.

1050's are pretty reasonably priced right now. Newegg has a bunch for ~ $140 - $230. Might be worth it to go with a cheap one of those until the prices and demand for more powerful ones settle down.

On another note. antistar, a little while ago I rediscovered this on my hard drive. I'd like to clean up those meshes and rig 'em up as a parts pack for the Thompson you're currently working on, but I probably won't get to it until the fall. If I happen to get to it before you release WARS, would you be willing to send me the Thompson meshes so I can align mine correctly and have it all ready when you do release?

Yeah, I probably won't mess with the receiver since I never bothered finishing/fixing it, but I think I can probably manage most of the other parts with some adjustment. Definitely need to move the sliding stock as it would interfere with the safety and whatnot, and I'll probably add some sort of actual grip to the barrels, or make the rails hang lower, or something. I've just had it sitting on my various computers since around 2007 and I'd like to finally do something with it.

Edited by jkruse05