Your memorable nonquest/nonscripted stories

thesapien

Yeah, very. Many of us have lost friends in Riverwood, probably. I've killed a dragon in Riverwood only to feel like I failed afterward for not being quick enough or paying enough attention to others being attacked. The trader's sister... what's her name? I can't even remember her name...

Her name is Camilla. I married her, and moved her to Whiterun.

So here is my story:

I had just completed Alduin's Wall. I had an issue with my horse, so I decided I would go back to Whiterun and retrieve the horse I had there. Just as I get on the horse I hear the roar of a Dragon. (I should mention I am using the Deadly Dragons mod) It's an Ancient Fire Dragon. I'm thinking, oh crap. A fight ensues, and I realize I needed a soul gem to fill my chain lightning staff. So I was like, okay lets go in Whiterun and get one. BAD idea! It followed me in the city! I was running around, trying to get to castle to get a soul gem. Guards were dying, people were screaming....I was in a panic! So I get one soul gem. Head back out...kite the dragon away from town...and I died! SO awesome!

I reloaded. Kited it to a near by fort and spent the better part of an hour, Mjoll bravely engaging it in fierce melee, whilst I rain lightning and frost with staves and spells, ducking, hiding and slowly hurting it...I felt like a true hero that day.

Edited by solaries275

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty cool that a video game can offer a little ad hoc humor, serendipity, some character improvisational leeway in the code?

OK, so I was on a mountainside taking on a dragon and I'm modded up so those things are TOUGH! Fus Ro Dah, cast Sparks, conjure another Flame Atronach and then run to some rocks to heal, repeat procedure. About a half hour of this and Lydia and I managed to take that wyrm down. I'm standing there looking at the corpse and catching my breath in the real world because this was the first dragon I'd managed to beat and this "Hired Thug" comes up, just appears right there beside me, looking at the dragon. He says "so the legends are true...". Coming down the mountain, his friends, the other two Hired Thugs, attacked me but that first guy was just so impressed, he never even drew his sword.

Another time I was in Volskygge or one of those dungeons. There's a scripted Deathlord in there, way harder than I should have faced at that point. Level 16 or so, I think. He'd taken me out a couple of times so I gave up and reloaded, went to Dragonsreach to buy some potions and try again. I came back in there and just ran right through to where I just knew that Deathlord would be waiting. Turned the first corner and the first thing I saw was this greatsword whistling through the air, a beautiful arc to cut me in two. Deathlord took a two handed baseball swing at me and killed me in one shot. I jumped in my skin then about fell out of my chair laughing at myself. Served me right.

About that jumping off high places thing - anyone else get that fluttering in the pit of stomach as you watch the ground come up at you so fast? I get that even jumping down past stairs. Not like my monitor is all that big! Good graphics, I guess.

About that jumping off high places thing - anyone else get that fluttering in the pit of stomach as you watch the ground come up at you so fast? I get that even jumping down past stairs. Not like my monitor is all that big! Good graphics, I guess.

Glad you mentioned this, I've been wondering the same thing. I get the same sensation and if I turn the character round too fast I feel a bit dizzy :laugh: :laugh:

I was at the inn in riverwood. This may be caused by a mod, but none the less.

A Vigilant of Stendar was in there yelling at anyone who got too close to her. After a minute or so she hauls off and kills the bard (Sven) then goes into the crowd animation for listening to a bard. So she just killed him then stands there clapping while the corpse cools; I couldn't help but think that Skyrim music critics are harsh.

A little later I head down to speak with Delphine and hear ruckus upstairs, by the time I got upstairs she'd killed the innkeeper and was terrorizing one of the immortal children in a corner.

That was finnaly to much: big lady standing over a child who keeps yelling "Leave me alone!"

That's one less Vigilant out there wronging rights and depressing the oppressed!

i was doing the night to remember quest. so i'm leaving rorikstead to find the missing/stolen goat. along the road i see 3 drunks having a party. i stop to say hello. one of them offers me mead. i already have some in my inventory so i offer to make the party more fun. while this is happening a giant (not the one with goat) shows up and starts killing the drunken revelers. i can't do anything because i'm talking to one of them. "tab-ing" out of the conversation is not working. thankfully the dialogue ends just as the giant sets his sights on me. a quick fus ro dah, some fire, and a few slashes with my daedric claymore and the giant is done. the lone drinker doesn't even seem fazed by the deaths of his co-revelers. he's still doing the drunk dance. maybe that's why the giant attacked. they stole his mead?

Got a couple.

First thing first, I arrive in Riften, and hand in a couple of quests for the Thieves Guild as I leave, I see the red dot whip by on the compass, and I look up to see a dragon buzzing around the city. And the way it's circling there's only a few times you can shoot and hit it. The guards are raining arrows into the sky, and just can't hit it. I don't have Dragonrend yet either, so there's only one option. I go tearing across the city, up into Mistveil, bolt through the barracks and up the stairs, then out onto the balcony. Now I can manage to get a shot off and it nails the dragon. It proceeds to set me on fire. Fortunately, I had my protective gear on, and I didn't die. Of course the attack run sets it up for the guards to fill it with arrows. It wheels around, lands on Maven's house and tries to ignite me again. Fortunately for me I was already dropping over the railing into the canal. I get back up and it lands. Riften doesn't have a lot of good landing places so it ends up straddling the canal between Maven's and the Bee and Barb. That's where it dies. I absorb it's soul, and it slithers downwards finally settling to rest at the bottom of the canal. Of course then all the gawkers file down to wonder if it's really dead.

Second, playing with Midas Magic, I'm running from Riverwood to Whiterun as a wolf, for encumbrance reasons, and a Dragon shows itself just outside Riverwood. I'm expecting to die, since I have no attack ability. Instead it strafes me once with ice and then flies away. Odd, but I'm no complaining.

Grovuz Org-Vorgu is not welcome in Markarth, after impolitely informing the guards he has no intention of ending up in Cidhna Mine. With a mace to the face. Traveling through the reach, heading from the Orc stronghold in the south to Solitude in the north, a bounty collector appears, and attacks. He also gets a mace, but it knocks his head clean from his shoulders in one blow. Too awesome. Particularly watching the head float down the river.

Having run from Whiterun to Riverwood, I'm surprised to see a dragon attack Riverwood. I hit it with some arrows to lure it away and start leading it to towards Whiterun. As I'm doing this, I run across a group of Thalmor with a prisoner. I set the prisoner free. The thalmor don't like that, but they like the dragon burning them to death even less. It's actually pretty funny. At least up until I see it kill one of the Whiterun guards. I finally manage to kill it with arrows. Just funny to see the Thalmor get roasted.

Finally, the Dragon afraid of cats. My thief took a carriage to Windhelm to return a moon amulet. Arriving to find that the Khajiti merchants hadn't stopped, (for good reason), My Khajit ducked into the stable to buy a horse to catch up with them. Stepping back out, the music begins. The soft chanting of the Dragonborn. And the world goes white as a frost breathing blood dragon tries to ice me. Returning fire with my bow, the battle is joined by the local guards, and the Khajit caravan, though they don't play a role right away. Instead the dragon does it's best to eliminate the guards, and me. After being pincushioned a couple of times while it hovered to blast fire, it decides to attack the caravan. Bad idea. I can see from the bridge as the four Khajit pound the dragon enough that it takes off again very quickly. It passes the bridge, gets further pincushioned, and crashes near the farms. I jump off the bridge, and begin sprinting up the hill. I arrive just as it finishes off a guard with it's head attack and turns on me. I charge straight in and finish the job with the leaping charge power attack. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

During a Dark Brotherhood contract, I get to one of the smaller cities you don't have to zone into. I see the quest marker is showing my target is outside. I'm thinking to myself, "great now I have to either wait until dark, or find a good hiding spot, and hope for a one shot with my bow. I decided before I get started I should sell off some unwanted gear, seeing as how there were some Khajit traders on the outskirts of town. Just as I am starting the conversation with the trader, I hear the roar of a Dragon. Great, now I have to kill a dragon and assassinate someone. At this point in the story I have only faced two dragons, the first one in the story, and one at Shearpoint (Deadly Dragons made both fights brutal). After about 5 or 6 minutes of the guards and I filling it full of arrows, it crashes right next to the Khajit traders, I run up while they are hitting it and wail on it until it dies (drinking about 20 potions just to stay alive).

Just about everyone in town runs up to the dragon to stare at it's bones. I see my target hasn't come up to the dragon's body. I run behind some houses, and see that the target is working as if nothing has happened. One sneak attack later with a bow, and I am riding my horse on the way to the next job.

So I was about level 10 or so casually walking away from whiterun, note I have deadly dragons, play on master, and dark age WIS, I see a giant. I decided to see how fast it would kill me, so I quicksaved and ran up to it. Right before it starts to attack me I see an ancient fire dragon circling above. So I said screw that and backup away far enough so I could watch the battle. About halfway through the dragon kills the giant with about 35% health left, and then 2 more giants run in. Those giants kill the dragon, but then another dragon swoops down and tries to kill the giants. One giant dies, while the other one kills the dragon. It rushes towards me and I'm sure I'm gonna die. Right when it tries to attack me, I swing once with a steel sword and it died. Got about 10,000 gold worth of loot from all of that.

I downloaded Killmove + recently, and I got a pretty awesome chance at seeing one of the more brutal new finishing animations. I was on my way to Rorikstead from Whiterun with the intent of hiring Erik the Slayer to recruit for the Blades (need one more and seemed like a good way to get him to see some real adventure in the form of dragon slaying). I was pretty close to Rorikstead when I run into an Orc. Since I have a habit to chatting with pretty much everyone I meet on the roads, I engage conversation. She calls me a milk-drinker, and I do not like getting told off, I told her she'd better watch her tongue. She insulted me again, and I more or less told to to eff off. She engaged me in combat and I went to town on her with my legendary Daedric sword and shield. At the end of the fight I triggered one of the new finishers, and it was so satisfying. I bashed her in the head, knocking her on her back, and stood over her. She got half an insult out before my character ground her face into the dirt with his legendary Daedric boot. A perfect ending to that little encounter.

One of the recent stories.

I'm travelling on-foot in the middle of nowhere, there's a T-crossing a short way ahead. Suddenly a Legion patrol appears from the left, weapons drawn, running left-to-right. I ready my spells, but that guys just pass by, run over the hill to the right and vanish from my sight. Well, I think standing there, good luck, guys.

I continue my way and see a Thalmor patrol in the distance, weapons drawn and spells charged, heading the same direction. WTF, I think, have you, guys, started a war without notifying me?! Thalmor patrol runs beyond that hill and battle music starts.

I stand there thinking WTH is going on beyond that hill? Then I see a pair of ice trolls running the same way. I start to think it may be not the best idea to go there. But curiosity wins, so I cast invisibility (just in case) and go to the top of that hill.

There I stop and enjoy the unforgetable view.Some hunter is chasing a goat. Bandits (two) are chasing the hunter. Legion patrol is chasing bandits. Thalmor are chasing some guys (gods know who they are). Trolls are chasing everyone.

I stand and watch. (I'm invisible, remember?)

Guys start firing, some blows go missing, finally it's everyone vs everyone. Guys chased by Thalmor escape in the chaos.

I stand and watch...

Ancient Dragon appears to join the party. He makes several fire spits to attract the people's attention. Everyone forgets about each other and turns on him. Except the trolls.

I stand and watch...

The dragon lands, swallows some Thalmor guy, then spits him out. (Not enough salt?) Thalmor mage tries to cast a spell, but a troll comes from behind and gives him a good kick. Dragon takes off, guys remember they are not alone. But dragon is still here, he circles around making that diving spits.

I stand and watch...

Poor goat comes out of the massacre heading my way. It stops few steps from me, looks at me (I'm still invisible), then walks away SLOWLY.

I stand and watch... And begin to laugh (hysterically).

Finally all is silent. Dragon looks around, observes the corpses (he did it proudly, I swear), then spits fire at me. I'm still invisible (recasted it several times). I think WTH, does he see me? Then I recall the first chat with Paarthurnax, switch to Fire Breath and shout it at him. He turns around, takes off and flies away.

I just stand there (well, my character - I giggle nervously thinking WTH was all that?!!). Then I turn around and walk away too.

Edited by landy8