[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there really needs to be a custom sound FX tutorial for things like the npc,s combat sounds death/hit/taunt/footsteps/ and so on that the cr voice packages use as i have done almost everything i can think of without success or a single answer in over 3 weeks and there is zero information on the subject and if there is they are keeping it to themselves

for example http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/708150-custom-sound-modding/page__p__5627054__fromsearch__1#entry5627054

i am starting to believe that the creatureDialogue thing is the missing link but i can seem to add any subtypes to the topic list.

Edited by AlphaWoIF

Is there a tutorial on creating and modding architectural pieces using Blender? The only Mesh type tutorials I have seen are armor based, which are a little confusing to me in adapting them to static objects.

I want to disassemble larger architectural pieces, making them more modular to use in my mods and to share in a architecture warehouse bsa/esp.

I have been successful in importing to Blender and editing some meshes, but getting them back into the CK has been problematic.

A couple questions, and hopefully I've posted this in the correct place. Are there any video tutorials that any of you have made, or at least watched and learned from, that give a basic beginner some knowledge of Blender 2.49 and how to move about and do basic things within the program? I've looked through the "Blender Noob to Pro" on wiki and quite honestly that is too confusing. I'd rather learn by watching. I've searched on Youtube and most, if not all, of the videos I have found on the basics of Blender and interface, etc, are for later versions of Blender.. like 2.6 or so. Hence my next question. Is Blender 2.49b the latest version that we can use along with the Nifscript tool for importing nif files? I'm currently using (heh, trying to use) 2.49b because I was unable to get the script to function with any later versions of Blender.

Anyway, just a few video tutorials on the very basics of Blender 2.49b, or a link to a newer nifscripts tool that will work with later versions of Blender so that I can follow along with some of the tutorials I've found. I have tried the videos for the more recent releases of Blender and some of it goes along with what I see in 2.49 but most of it is way too confusing because the interface has changed in later versions. :wallbash:

Any and all help is appreciated, either through here or PM. Thanks so much.

Nvm i got help from Cynster who told me of an easier way to make spells start on a character. Go into actors find player in actors(the rest of this post I figured out myself) after you load skyrim.esm and then you right click on player select edit then go to spells and right click on the box that has spell select new then enter editorid and name of the spell and there you go. Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I see a lot of stuff about making or altering armour, but I sure don't see much about items/objects. That is to say, suppose I make a butterchurn. It doesn't do anything, and it can't be interacted with, it's just "eye candy", much the same as a crate or a table would be.

Let's pretend I used my fave modelling program and saved a successful NIF file.

Let's pretend I used my fave painting program to make the texture and saved a successful DDS and n_DDS.

Now what?

(If you link to a vid on this, could it please be one that either is subtitled, or can be figured out by the deaf?)

I'm having a major problem. EVERY time I save, the CK tells me that the file is in use, so I either create a new save or over-write a different previous save. Then, NONE of the stuff I've created and saved in "newsave" (for example) appears in the game. It also doesn't appear if I load in that specific data file. The only way to get all my stuff to re-appear in the CK is if I load multiple data files of my previous saved stuff. Am I just being a *censored* or is there a way round this very frustrating problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kebabyuchenko xxx

Have you tried running it as administrator? If I understand your problem right, I think it's the same one I had when I was messing around the other day.