[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

Meh, give 'em a few months. People online often forget, time scale on the internet is like time scale in TES, ridiculously sped up in comparison to reality and whenever online time scale clashes with RL time scale - the net always loses. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to get caught up with real life, especially in the October - February window, for months at a time without even realizing that people online are probably panicking at their absence :rolleyes:

I won't bother worrying about the project till mid summer, though I'm absolutely positive Janus won't leave the thread hanging until then :thumbsup:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, give 'em a few months. People online often forget, time scale on the internet is like time scale in TES, ridiculously sped up in comparison to reality and whenever online time scale clashes with RL time scale - the net always loses. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to get caught up with real life, especially in the October - February window, for months at a time without even realizing that people online are probably panicking at their absence :rolleyes:

I won't bother worrying about the project till mid summer, though I'm absolutely positive Janus won't leave the thread hanging until then :thumbsup:

I wrote him on the 17th asking what his thoughts are fan fic and screenshots--specifically me creating some. I haven't heard back... Would you (or anyone else on here) know Janus's position is on such things? Has it been mentioned previously in this thread? I've looked, though not had any sucess.

Don´t know if its because my character(who is a Dark Elf) is married to a nord or if its just a bug. He hates me like if I were a Nord. =( I even brought a dark elf with me to show support, but no.

The first impression: Am I a Nord?! :confused:

Edit: Read the comments on the mod page. Seems like I am too quick. Race recognition isn´t implemented yet, is it?

Edited by Niborino9409

I wrote him on the 17th asking what his thoughts are fan fic and screenshots--specifically me creating some. I haven't heard back... Would you (or anyone else on here) know Janus's position is on such things? Has it been mentioned previously in this thread? I've looked, though not had any sucess.

Others have posted videos featuring Atvir, Janus seemed receptive to the idea and the vids now appear on the mod page. Generally screenshots are good advertising as well. I would say that fanfiction would also be ok but since Atvir's plot isn't finalized yet and you'd want to avoid spoilers (so everyone can enjoy him too) it might be a bit difficult to write.

Come back and post links to your efforts here, or send them to Janus, and I'm sure he'll let you know of his final thoughts on the matter when he sees them :thumbsup:

Don´t know if its because my character(who is a Dark Elf) is married to a nord or if its just a bug. He hates me like if I were a Nord. =( I even brought a dark elf with me to show support, but no.

The first impression: Am I a Nord?! :confused:

Edit: Read the comments on the mod page. Seems like I am too quick. Race recognition isn´t implemented yet, is it?

Nope, race recognition isn't implemented yet, though iirc Janus was hoping to make that available with the next update.

Others have posted videos featuring Atvir, Janus seemed receptive to the idea and the vids now appear on the mod page. Generally screenshots are good advertising as well. I would say that fanfiction would also be ok but since Atvir's plot isn't finalized yet and you'd want to avoid spoilers (so everyone can enjoy him too) it might be a bit difficult to write.

Come back and post links to your efforts here, or send them to Janus, and I'm sure he'll let you know of his final thoughts on the matter when he sees them :thumbsup:

I thought the screenshots were good advertisement too (as long as they're full credited). I've started writing my latest fic, but it's no where near done or ready to be released. I'm not even sure what Atvir's role is going to be besides the companion/lover/rival. I've got some ideas but fruition of those ideas are months out plus I'd like to know a bit more about the lore surrounding Atvir and Tear in general. Also generally I like to get the ok from the modder themselves as I think it's disrespectful not to. Atvir is Janus's creation just as Annka is mine. Here's a linky to the screenshot I've posted on DA Are you really going through with this? (WIP)

I understand getting permission but there's no harm in working on your fanfic process while you wait. Also, there's a team working on Atvir of which Janus is only one, you can try looking back through the thread for other team member names and attempt to contact them instead if you really want to hear something right this second.

Other than that, if you don't feel like taking my word for it (after all I am just a random passerby) that's fine too :thumbsup:

I understand getting permission but there's no harm in working on your fanfic process while you wait. Also, there's a team working on Atvir of which Janus is only one, you can try looking back through the thread for other team member names and attempt to contact them instead if you really want to hear something right this second.

Other than that, if you don't feel like taking my word for it (after all I am just a random passerby) that's fine too :thumbsup:

No, there's no big hurry, as I had mentioned before. Currently I am content to work on the piece slowly while waiting on Janus. What I am excited about are upcoming developments/updates with the project as a whole. :biggrin:

I don't know...when a mod author is gone for this long it generally means they won't come back :(.

I've seen it happen to so many popular mods :(

Oh, I hope that's not true.... :wallbash: It seems like he's invested so much time into something just to give it up. Though I've never really worked with any other modding team outside Emma's group and they were absolutely amazing--the support they provided for their mods. Janus seemed to devote a great deal of time on here too with technical support--I hope he's ok. Personal lives can get in the way of our greatest expectations...and intentions.