[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

@ Renay

Sounds like a problem with UFO or AFT, assuming you have those?

Also, here's to hoping Janus is doing okay, too. I've got a lot of respect for him and the team that built Atvir. Truly one of the most unique and interesting custom NPCs out there.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't be gone, I just discovered Atvir. The only living NPC in all of Skyrim. I've tried Vilja, she's far too sweet. I have Aela she's amazing even if unvoiced, but Atvir is the best. He's snarky, funny, flawed, and his voice is very sexy. Its so refreshing to have a unique follower that is a male character and so well rounded. I am in complete awe of how much fun he has added to the skyrim exerience. He is definitely a MUST have mod. As a huge fan of Bioware games the emotional connection to NPC's was something I sorely missed in Skyrim. Atvir, from your first encounter wakes up the world so to speak, now Skyrim is not just pretty its alive and thats all because of Atvir. I can't wait to play some more and its all thanks to this mod. I knew when he started smack talking Falmer and their mothers that I would love this guy.

PLease keep working on him. I endorsed and voted for you on the nexus and will be following this topic.

This is my must have mod for Skyrim.

• 2 months later...

hello, people! is there anybody alive? I`ve a question about Dres. It might be silly, and maybe someone already asked, but i`m not good english speaker and it`s hard for me to read all the thread :( the problem is that AD doesnt want to follow me. He hangs about somewhere near Kynesgrove instead. He sais that I should follow him, but he doesn`t seem to go to any certain place. And sometimes he even runs away from me! :blink: Please, help!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get option to give him drink he wants.... anyone here have the same problem?

Depends. What other mods are you using? Are you trying to give him Flin from the Dragonborn DLC? Does he talk to you at all?

If you are attempting to give him Flin added by the Dragonborn DLC (Flin you got anywhere else except for at the New Gnisis Cornerclub), it won't work. The mod has its own version of Flin and only that will advance the quest. If you have any other mods that alter the New Gnisis Cornerclub (Morrowind Imports, anything that adds Dragonborn Flin to the base game, probably), you might not be getting the Atvir Dres-added Flin, either.

In the case of a mod conflict, I'd recommend finding out what the console code for the Atvir Dres Flin is and just adding in manually in. You could also just temporarily disable the mod that is conflicting (not eligible for some of mods, though, because it'll mess up your game, you'll have to make the call whether your conflicting mod is safe or not to disable). You could load Atvir Dres AFTER the conflicting mod, so that the Atvir Dres changes overwrite your other mod where they conflict.

If he's not talking to you at all, just sitting there silently and completely ignoring you, just reload your save.

If uh, none of the above, I don't know.

• 2 months later...

Sir, I got a problem here with Atvir. I don't use any other follower mods (like UFO or AFT), so there should be no conflict there.

It happened first in Candlehearth inn, I asked Atvir to relax for awhile as I was going to sleep. He answered something about his foot is killing him or something (Can't quite remember what he said), but then didn't do nothing. He just stand there, gawking at me as I go to sleep.

I thought at first that this could only be a minor problem. he's still following me back then at least.

After trading at the market, later that day I decided to go to whiterun from windhelm. Going there by traditionally walking would later bring me to the bandit bridge near whiterun.

THIS is where the problem start.

At first, he's still crouching and all that when I try to snipe at the bandit walking across the bridge. After the stealth indicator turned on (meaning everybody detected me) Atvir charged forward with his dual curved sword. Opening the door to the bridge, then he skipped to meet the bandit there. Now, I'm not very sure of what happened next, it seems that when I got there, Atvir was already crouching and wounded. Surrounded by two heavily armored bandits. Releasing my flame spells and sword on my other hand, the bandits was killed in no time. But then, Atvir start to walk just like when he wield his swords (but no sword in his hands). THen I hauled all the remains and loot from bandit corpses. After walking out of the tower, I suddenly realized that Atvir wasn't following me. So I decided to test on the Atvir summon spell. Voila! he's there. But can't respond anymore. He won't follow, he won't be dismissed, won't even let me open his inventory. I save and loaded the game, only to find his dialogue is set to the option lines where we can ask him to tell jokes.

That's it. Sorry for the long lines and listed problem. especially, sorry for my very VERY bad english.

I already tried to uninstall and install him again to no avail. Glad if you can help me in this. Btw, I really curious about your Atvir mod, and really looking forward for it to get to finishing state.

• 5 weeks later...

Welp, looks like we're permanent besties... Atvir refuses to stop following me.

I've tried all the wait and separate options, and he says the correct lines i.e. I'll meet you there then, my feet are killing me, don't be long, etc. but then he just... keeps following me. e__e

At first I was kinda glad since I'd read about him ditching people or straight up never following, but mine's clingy-much. WTF

Are you using UFO?

Because i have several issues with other followers, vanilla and not vanilla ones, using UFO.

Like i cant do anything with Sinmir (the only option is to say "you are dismissed")

And with Gorr from INPCs. He always follows me, even if i order him to relax.

So i think it must be an issue with UFO. Still, you can tell Atvir to wait right there, and pretend that he is relaxing)

I dropped Gorr in Whiterun just outside the Breezhome for a week) And he was guarding it from thieves, while Lydia and others were relaxing inside and drinking my mead to the bottom.

• 5 months later...

Atvir is ruining my game.

It started when I discovered his undying passion for murdering Imperial soldiers. I had just sided with the Legion and had a disucssion with Legate Rikke. I turn around to see Atvir killing the last of the guards in the camp. I don't know if he is meant to have some psycopathic hard-on for murdering them, but they weren't hostile to me so I didn't figure I caused it. I chalked it up to a bug and moved on.

Then we invaded a Stormcloak fort with other members of the Legion. Atvir spent more time and effort killing the Legion than he did helping me fight the Stormcloaks. After the Stormcloaks were defeated he continued his fight with my allies until they were all dead. At this point I decided to not take him on any more Legion quests.

But lo' and behold the bastard won't leave. I have told him to part ways and instructed him to wait at every location available. He still follows. I've told him that his new home is in the middle of a swamp and that he should stay there. He still follows. I've told him to guard an area that I was never planning to return to. He still follows. I've tried to murder him. He still follows. I've used console commands to obliterate his very existance, but when I load a new area he still follows.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if he would sneak. I'm playing an archer/assassin. I need to kill enemies without them noticing. I am squishy. I die fast in a full on fight. Atvir won't even pretend to sneak. When I enter stealth mode all the other followers at least do the same. Even if they suck at sneaking. Atvir just stands around making noise. He might as well be banging a gong.

I can't even uninstall the bastard without corrupting my saves. I'm not using UFO, AFT or anything that should change the way followers act. Anyone have an idea on how to get this asshole to leave me alone?