[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

I don't know...when a mod author is gone for this long it generally means they won't come back :(.

I've seen it happen to so many popular mods :(

Oh, I hope that's not true.... :wallbash: It seems like he's invested so much time into something just to give it up. Though I've never really worked with any other modding team outside Emma's group and they were absolutely amazing--the support they provided for their mods. Janus seemed to devote a great deal of time on here too with technical support--I hope he's ok. Personal lives can get in the way of our greatest expectations...and intentions.

Besides, he can't quit...I'm having problems with my damned horse. Not only does that rake Dres steal mine, but he won't get off the damned thing. :)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know...when a mod author is gone for this long it generally means they won't come back :(.

I've seen it happen to so many popular mods :(

Trust me, I have seen far more people cause panic with words like these - than mods actually dropped during the busiest RL season of the year :rolleyes:

Still ridiculously far from a reasonable panic point :whistling:

I'm not really worried about it. Janus did mention unexpected bugs that needed working out, plus there are the holidays to consider, and the year rolling over like this could have unexpected effects on work schedules. School's starting back up in a lot of places too, or there's some that might even still be having an exam period right now. And it's not just Janus, it's the whole team he works with to check everything and make sure it's actually working and playable before he releases any updates.

I suspect Janus is waiting for things to calm down and for enough functional information to be able to give us something concrete; he may even surprise us with an update while we're not expecting it! And as much as I'm looking forward to the things he's talked about doing with Atvir, I'd rather he take the time to make it work, and make it -right-.

But that's just me, and I'm notorious in some places for being easily distracted, so the waiting probably just doesn't bother me as much as some. XD

• 4 weeks later...

Janus and his team created an incredible mod for us to use, though that being said I think he or one of his teammates could drop us a line to let his fans know this is not a dead mod. I know he owes us nothing, but it's apparent that he has some diehard fans who truly care about his work--and his existance, so I don't think it's asking to much for Janus to pop on and say, "Hey all, I'm ok, this mod's a real b&@*$. Give us some time the bugs and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your support." Is that so hard?