What can be done to defuse America?

kvnchrist

Graft taken just once is good for a lifetime of political influence. That's the problem. A single Lindsey Graham or Diane Feinstein or Orrin Hatch costs our country literally trillions of dollars, because of their perpetual re-election for decades. Term limits would eliminate this potential for long-term corruption of a given set of politicians or by a given set of special interest groups.

I agree. And that is exactly why it will never happen. :smile: The folks with the money make the rules. or block rules that would interfere with their goals.

Bingo. I have always heard rumors that our country is really run by an elite, super-wealthy, super-powerful individuals or groups. Is this just conspiracy theory? I have done a enough digging into govt public records to think that it might be true. I mean if our elected officials aren't in control- then who is? :geek:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impeach Trump.

Unless it was done for an actual impeachable offence , it would likely cause social strife on a level we have never seen if not a civil war as it would be saying to people that winning an election doesn't matter and the Republic is dead. Careful what you wish for.

Edited by Harbringe

Winning an election does not automatically make a person morally qualified to hold public office, and a whole lot of Americans believe our current president is morally unqualified and therefore illegitimate, regardless of the will of our electoral college. And so far Trump has been dealing with nothing except the results of his own previous actions.

One thing is beyond doubt imo: for the next four years or until Trump is impeached or resigns, we're in the most unfortunate situation of having a president who carries an entire lifetime of unvetted dirt in his past. So the almost certain result is an unknown number of people with unknown amounts of extortion power over him. I think it accounts for Trump's sudden backtracking, on most issues, to the RNC party line as soon as he took office, and his cabinet picks etc.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Winning an election does not automatically make a person morally qualified to hold public office, and a whole lot of Americans believe our current president is morally unqualified and therefore illegitimate, regardless of the will of our electoral college. And so far Trump has been dealing with nothing except the results of his own previous actions.

One thing is beyond doubt imo: for the next four years or until Trump is impeached or resigns, we're in the most unfortunate situation of having a president who carries an entire lifetime of unvetted dirt in his past. So the almost certain result is an unknown number of people with unknown amounts of extortion power over him. I think it accounts for Trump's sudden backtracking, on most issues, to the RNC party line as soon as he took office, and his cabinet picks etc.

If you ask me, NONE of the busybodies in Washington DC are morally qualified for their position. They are ALL liars, cheats, and crooks. They do NOT have the best interests of the country at heart, they have THEIR OWN best interests at the top of their priority lists. Term limits would most certainly help here.....

And: Do we really want "President Pence"???? As that is what we would end up with, were Trump to be impeached.

If you ask me, NONE of the busybodies in Washington DC are morally qualified for their position. They are ALL liars, cheats, and crooks. They do NOT have the best interests of the country at heart, they have THEIR OWN best interests at the top of their priority lists. Term limits would most certainly help here.....

And: Do we really want "President Pence"???? As that is what we would end up with, were Trump to be impeached.

Of course Pence is far from the choice i would want to run this country but i believe Pence would be far more controllable than our current childlike president.Being an Atheist i have some major problems with Pence but i believe he will be much more reasonable than Trump will ever be.The Trump presidency is regarded by Trump as nothing more than a reality show,a way to get back at Obama and all the liberals that disrespected him.He is a child-man,a narcissist,an immature attention seeking fool.

These are dark days,even darker than the Nixon years for we are dealing with a man that caters to white supremacists,a man that is a climate change denier,as is Pence BTW,which is a scientific fact but never-the-less they want to remove all funding for climate change studies.This child-man ran his campaign to appeal to the middle class but as soon as he became president he turned hard right,his Trump care health proposal was a huge tax break for the rich,in other words now that i'm president screw the poor and the middle class that elected me.

Of course Pence is far from the choice i would want to run this country but i believe Pence would be far more controllable than our current childlike president.Being an Atheist i have some major problems with Pence but i believe he will be much more reasonable than Trump will ever be.The Trump presidency is regarded by Trump as nothing more than a reality show,a way to get back at Obama and all the liberals that disrespected him.He is a child-man,a narcissist,an immature attention seeking fool.

These are dark days,even darker than the Nixon years for we are dealing with a man that caters to white supremacists,a man that is a climate change denier,as is Pence BTW,which is a scientific fact but never-the-less they want to remove all funding for climate change studies.This child-man ran his campaign to appeal to the middle class but as soon as he became president he turned hard right,his Trump care health proposal was a huge tax break for the rich,in other words now that i'm president screw the poor and the middle class that elected me.

Basing your argument on "climate change" isn't going to be a winning strategy. Is the climate changing? Yes, yes it is. Is man the SOLE cause? Hardly. Is man a contributor? Quite likely. Is he the MAJOR contributor? Still open for debate.

Pence is even more of a right-wing-nut than Trump..... I REALLY don't want him as pres....... Trump, on the other hand, has backpedaled some, on a fair few of his issues. Congress also seems to be keeping him more or less "in check", on some of his more extreme views.

Then we have his policies that people actually LIKE..... America FIRST. Something our government hasn't thought about in decades.

Well, this has gotten off going the way i thought it would. The issue the world is facing is not President Trump. It's what our leaders did to make President Trump not only a viable candidate, but put him in office. I'm thinking that the public turned their backs on their country and their future for checking out Face Book and Dancing with the Stars more than they did their own political leaders.

That gave those leaders license to screw us over so much that the political outsiders ran the gauntlet. Senator Sanders came darn close to taking a big chunk out of Hillary Clinton ans Donald Trump just wiped the ground up with every other Republican that stood in hs way.

All this talk about getting rid of President Trump is all nice and dandy, but unless you take care of what made him presentable, we will be destined to get another that is just like him.

More like our political leaders decided that government service sole purpose was to make them rich. Have a look at just about anyone in congress. If they weren't rich when they got there, the most certainly were by the end of their first term. So why would they want to do what is 'right for the country', if that would actually cost them money? (either directly, or, via other avenues, such as campaign contributions.) The general public finally figured out that their votes really didn't make much difference. Kinda like a fart in a windstorm. Why do you think we had the lowest voter turnout in decades of late?

Take a good hard look at our foreign, and economic policies of the last couple administrations. There really isn't that much difference between the dems, and the repubbies. And it isn't really difficult to see how BOTH sides sold us down the river of 'globalization'....... That's why the middle class is pretty much extinct, and the wealth gap is higher than it has ever been. The poor are getting poorer, the middle class is pretty much gone, and the rich are seeing record profits..... Around 5% of our population is doing "really well", the rest of us are barely scraping by, but, who does the governments policies support? The 5%.