We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tannin,

Great news and thanks for the update. One question: Will we be able to hide mod files in an easy, non-destructive way from deployment as we do in MO? To me, this is invaluable.

Thanks!

.. and another thought/question ..

Will you guys ever be able to implement a "sort" feature, or better yet, a "blocking" feature on files so that we can exclude files (MODs) that have become obsolete/abandoned?

I mean, it's really nice that "MOD X" is the all-time most-beloved MOD ever created for a game, but if it's not up-to-date with the current build of a game, or may have been made obsolete (or broken) by a Bethesda Update (cough cough) and the MOD Author has no intention of ever updating it, it would be nice to click a filter button/box and just never see that MOD.

I know "veterans" and "experts" of some of these games instantly know this stuff and have memorized which MODs to avoid due to these issues, but for us "neophytes" and folks who are just getting into a particular game .. well .. that sort of "avoidance" makes life much more enjoyable and might even avoid having to use that "Purge" feature in the first place.

.. you know, maybe make it a requirement for the MOD Author to specify the game release/build info or requirement (like DLCs) and/or release date/series on upload to Nexus (would provide that sorting criteria right up front).

In response to post #49979617. #49980737 is also a reply to the same post.

Uthuriel wrote: I really hope Vortex won't suck.. :D
Get it? Suck?
Ok... I'll show myself out
Dark0ne wrote: Groan!

.. pulled that one out of thin air didn't ya?