New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54661388. #54661458, #54661573, #54661788 are all replies on the same post.

RomulusAugustulus wrote: When I middle-click a nexus link, I get the old design on the newly opened tab (Chrome)
Apart from that, I really like the new design.
ScrollTron1c wrote: Don't know about Chrome, but the new version is only live under the address "rd.nexusmods.com" so all links made to the original address (without RD) will lead back to the old site.
MrMason wrote: There is some code that tries to catch any www.nexusmods.com links if you're already on rd.nexusmods.com and should attempt to keep you on rd.nexusmods.com

This shouldn't be causing any issues with tabs. Please can you provide any information related to this problem on our bug tracker: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues
xRevan116x wrote: Can confirm. Even if I have an rd.nexusmods page open, opening a link on a modpage (if a mod author is linking his other mods for example) sends me over to the old website.
Same thing happens when I open a modpage through NMM. But that's different

I think the difference is, if the link only says "www.nexusmods.com" then it links to the old site while "https://www.nexusmods.com" links to the new rd. address

That's how it works with the links in my two mod descriptions for Skyrim and Fallout 4 at least.

I'm not really liking it. It's hard to read with the strange contrast choices and small fonts in some areas. It's seems aimed at mobile when the site is dedicated to modding PC games which doesn't make much sense to me. Things are too big image wise. Basic features for authors don't work. All old mod pages banners are broken and you still can't fix them with already uploaded images, and I had reported this almost 3 months ago and it was closed as can't reproduce.

I'm not bitching here, but I really would like to be able to use the old site for the foreseeable future until some things are reconsidered and fixed/altered. Most larger sites have different setups for different devices, maybe that should be looked into.

Also on such a high profile and large site, perhaps some professional designers/web developers should be hired instead of community people. I know this comment will probably ruffle some feathers, but I've always been blunt.

In response to post #54662048.

RoyBatterian wrote: I'm not really liking it. It's hard to read with the strange contrast choices and small fonts in some areas. It's seems aimed at mobile when the site is dedicated to modding PC games which doesn't make much sense to me. Things are too big image wise. Basic features for authors don't work. All old mod pages banners are broken and you still can't fix them with already uploaded images, and I had reported this almost 3 months ago and it was closed as can't reproduce.

I'm not bitching here, but I really would like to be able to use the old site for the foreseeable future until some things are reconsidered and fixed/altered. Most larger sites have different setups for different devices, maybe that should be looked into.

Also on such a high profile and large site, perhaps some professional designers/web developers should be hired instead of community people. I know this comment will probably ruffle some feathers, but I've always been blunt.

Read the entire news post, Roy.

In response to post #54662048. #54662188 is also a reply to the same post.

RoyBatterian wrote: I'm not really liking it. It's hard to read with the strange contrast choices and small fonts in some areas. It's seems aimed at mobile when the site is dedicated to modding PC games which doesn't make much sense to me. Things are too big image wise. Basic features for authors don't work. All old mod pages banners are broken and you still can't fix them with already uploaded images, and I had reported this almost 3 months ago and it was closed as can't reproduce.

Dark0ne wrote:

Read the entire news post, Roy.

I already did Dark. You have a site going live, that should probably be the priority not Vortex.

I quite like it compared to the old design, but it needs a lot of work. For instance, mod pages are incredibly messy, with various text details splashed across the page. Feels like visual overload. Also, the site is currently rather sluggish when changing sort preferences or the date range.

Nice design, very pretty. However, I miss being able to pull up categories and look through them Found a lot of great mods that way, that I never would have thought to search for. Now I have to slog my way through all the mods which is ridiculous. I also miss being able to get a description just by mousing over the mod. Such a time saver. Now I need to go to the mod in order to get a description. Seems like a couple of steps backward to me. I'll just keep using the old design as it is much more user friendly.