Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

In response to post #56692721. #56694116, #56700656, #56703606 are all replies on the same post.

marauder345 wrote: I wasn't too fond of the redesign at first, but now, I'm liking it. I thought it was going to be hard to adjust to, but I was wrong.
KJA1775 wrote: My thoughts exactly. Nexus Team, keep up the good work!
pheonix235 wrote: I agree. I had a lot of links that pointed at the old nexus that got broken (Damn you Chrome!) and that was kinda a pain to fix, but the old version did make me buy premium (All the ads it had shoved into it kinda killed my computer because I'm a power user who has to have 10 tabs open at once when updating my mod list and I felt guilty using AdBlock). Now that everything is resolved and the bugs have been ironed out, I'm loving the cleaner new look.
Moksha8088 wrote: Anticipating a difficult learning curve for Vortex is making me anxious. The simplicity and familiarity of NMM are comforting.

@Moksha8088 if anything it should be the opposite! Tanin's work on Mod Manager was spot on, it was very intuitive to use.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56686801. #56691326 is also a reply to the same post.

Keleigh3000 wrote: If you're committed to the website redesign could you at least fix it? Put some descriptions on the front page so I don't have to click through and load a bunch more pictures on my slow connection just to find out what a mod does? And make the updates button show all the updates? This site seems to be more about pictures these days than mods.
sgtmcbiscuits wrote: This is one of the few problems that I have with the new design. The fact that there is no way to view the small description for front page files, unless they're one of the two big ones. I much preferred the older system that just cycled through the top 5.

Yes! That's my main complain as well.

My biggest concern is the migration from NMM to Vortex. I don't want a repeat of what happened with the "upgrade" from NMM 0.56.1 to NMM 0.60+. That was a total disaster that literally nuked nearly the entire SOT Team's games. Luckily, I was able to save my installation via backing up my entire Data folder/Plug-ins.txt file prior to the update. Pasting said files back where they were saved a ton of headaches. Might have to do that again whenever it comes time to move everything over to Vortex since I won't ever completely trust the migration going off without a hitch.

The only real gripe I have is the smartphone-like layout of the new site design. Why does everything have to be modelled into a smartphone-like interface? I've never owned/used a smartphone & have no plans to do so either. Don't care for the asinine prices of smartphones & sure as heck don't care for those ridiculously expensive data plans either. Other than that, I've gotten used to the new design & the sites seem to be performing a lot better in recent days. My download speeds have finally approached 7-8 MB/sec like they did after I purchased my lifetime premium membership due to the regular servers habitually being down all the time/crashing due to high web traffic.

Edited by ff7legend

In response to post #56686801. #56691326, #56709731 are all replies on the same post.

Keleigh3000 wrote: If you're committed to the website redesign could you at least fix it? Put some descriptions on the front page so I don't have to click through and load a bunch more pictures on my slow connection just to find out what a mod does? And make the updates button show all the updates? This site seems to be more about pictures these days than mods.
sgtmcbiscuits wrote: This is one of the few problems that I have with the new design. The fact that there is no way to view the small description for front page files, unless they're one of the two big ones. I much preferred the older system that just cycled through the top 5.
urielz wrote: Yes! That's my main complain as well.

It's been suggested a few times over the last few months... I have a feeling it got lumped in with the "some not so helpful and some plain rude".

I don't see many problems with the new site since I only go on the Nexus to occasionally check mods sometimes and daily glance at any notifications. I've been doing a little bit of modding on Fallout and Skyrim SE, a bit of tweaking on games here and there like the Arkham series and some LEGO games, and a crap ton of modding on the Mass Effect series (maybe eventually I'll make my own :D).

My only gripe with the site is that you guys are too awesome at everything, seriously. :P Keep up the amazing work, can't wait to see what Vortex even is!

In response to post #56692721. #56694116, #56700656, #56703606, #56709676 are all replies on the same post.

marauder345 wrote: I wasn't too fond of the redesign at first, but now, I'm liking it. I thought it was going to be hard to adjust to, but I was wrong.
pheonix235 wrote: I agree. I had a lot of links that pointed at the old nexus that got broken (Damn you Chrome!) and that was kinda a pain to fix, but the old version did make me buy premium (All the ads it had shoved into it kinda killed my computer because I'm a power user who has to have 10 tabs open at once when updating my mod list and I felt guilty using AdBlock). Now that everything is resolved and the bugs have been ironed out, I'm loving the cleaner new look.
Moksha8088 wrote: Anticipating a difficult learning curve for Vortex is making me anxious. The simplicity and familiarity of NMM are comforting.
urielz wrote: @Moksha8088 if anything it should be the opposite! Tanin's work on Mod Manager was spot on, it was very intuitive to use.

The new redesign is fine if your monitor is a $50 Acer monitor. If not, then the lightening of all the colors makes the site annoying to read. Further the front pages look like some mobile BS and the tiling just feels bad to look at. Oh and everything feels like molasses, could just be because it's new but still bears mentioning that it's super slow compared to the old site.
Also inb4 the NMM to Vortex switch breaks all the things like that one NMM update, though I don't use NMM so not a big deal for me.

I'll just continue to use the old site design domain until they kill it and when they do will probably just stop using Nexus in general. Edited by Arethiel

In response to post #56692721. #56694116, #56700656, #56703606, #56709676, #56714616 are all replies on the same post.

urielz wrote: @Moksha8088 if anything it should be the opposite! Tanin's work on Mod Manager was spot on, it was very intuitive to use.
Arethiel wrote: The new redesign is fine if your monitor is a $50 Acer monitor. If not, then the lightening of all the colors makes the site annoying to read. Further the front pages look like some mobile BS and the tiling just feels bad to look at. Oh and everything feels like molasses, could just be because it's new but still bears mentioning that it's super slow compared to the old site.
Also inb4 the NMM to Vortex switch breaks all the things like that one NMM update, though I don't use NMM so not a big deal for me.

I'll just continue to use the old site design domain until they kill it and when they do will probably just stop using Nexus in general.

The new redesign is fine if your monitor is a $50 Acer monitor. If not, then the lightening of all the colors makes the site annoying to read.

If you're struggling to read text on the site now, you probably need to calibrate your monitor properly. It passes all the web standard readability tests and has been made on 30 inch and 25 inch Dell monitors, MacBooks and Surface Pros. It's also been tested on my low quality 24 inch LAN monitor (£200 BENQ job) and similarly looks fine on that.