What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

Systex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i played on most of the old stuff like atari games, wolfenstein on apple pc, but what really got me hooked was ultima 3 on a pc junior with 128k ram. i found i could mod games with programs like pctools. lets see, "wasteland" forerunner to the fallout series, duke, doom, civ 1,2,3, wolf3d, return to castle wolfenstein- "the first on-line one for me", star flight, mechwarrior, about 2/3s of what has been listed so far. yep, been at it a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Text game "Adventure" hooked me when I was really young, then Zork1&2

Other games (there was a Commodre 64 with a huge floppy drive. IT was long left forgotten I don't even know who's it was. Mine I guess at the point ;)

Barbie (who wouldn't love to dress up and date Ken :tongue: ), Legacy of the Ancients, Bards Tale (good old Skara Brae), Wizards Crown (pesky white rabbit), Vikings, Seven Cities of Gold,

PC games early on

All the AD&D games. Mapping them all out was a thrill.

Of course Ultima series up to and including UO (beta tester) and Everquest (beta tester)

I own a working Commodore 128 and an Atarii 2600 (with 32 game cartridges) - favorites : Galaxia, Circus, Adventure, Riddle of the Sphinx

Hi everybody :thumbsup:

My gaming began definitely with Warcraft II- Tides of Darkness and it developed further with Age of Empires I.

Damn, those games are so good I can turn them on even today and still love them the same, regardless of the fact their graphics are not top notch as most of the games are today :blush:

The thing that really began my addiction was MMO's like Runescape (I know I know) Guild Wars and random free to play MMO's.

I'd say the 1st game I played was on the SNES, but nothing in that era made me addicted.

Tekken was pretty damn addicting too.

Well i started on the good old ps1 with such titles as gran turismo and crash bandicoot slowly moving onto the ps2 and the rachet and clank series then jumped on the best of the hooks which was when i started playing daggerfall and morrowind and eventually trying my modding skills although i was not the best it was fun and just carried on through the tes series and still play the likes of arena and crash bandicoot games today

Well, I begun with spectrum games, but I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet... Star Control II. IMO one of the best games I ever played, still play its port for modern CPUs, The Ur-Quan Masters, quite frequently. Great story, great characters, great music, great humour! Even if I know all the game by heart, I still enjoy it and have lots of fun.