What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

Systex

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donkey Kong games on my Super Nintendo, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Axe, etc.

then got into warcraft 2 , quest games for pc (toonstruck, kings quest , queens quest or w/e , counter strike, half life, twinsen's odyssey (loved that game), time commando

Edited by cherom

My first game must of been Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest for SNES.

My dad game me the controller, and at that moment, my life changed forever.

Now I play almost any game, whether it be official or indie.

• 1 month later...

' Man, I think I played the original (i.e. first) game from / of just about every game series people have listed here. Yowch!

' Anyway. The big draw to me when I first got gaming were generally the Sierra-created "Quest" series (plural). Though if you wanted more specifics the two that grabbed me best, hardest, and repeatedly were the Space Quest series (it's humour was unparalleled at the time) and - the big one - Quest for Glory!

' I played those original QfGs to death - stuck my nose in everywhere, tried everything, and maxxed out my character's stats through serious grind just so I'd have something of an advantage when I imported said character into the sequel!

' I have the whole QfG anthology installed to my Windows 7 laptop - replaying across the series as inspired and able to do so - especially considering the old floppy with my exported character from each game is missing somewhere! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Sid Meirs Pirates! It was the first PC game I ever bought way back in 1987(or last week to me) It came in a 'proper' box with 'faux' wooden surround and a drawing of one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen on the back. Inside was a couple? of 5 1/4 inch floppy disks, a big fat manual and a huge map made out of dead peoples skin(probably). I loved that game and played for hours at a time, sailing across the carribean. Later they released Pirates!Gold which was the exact same game but with VGA graphics, but somehow it didn't seem as good. And the final? version in the 2000's was a little lame. And thats how I became a sad lonely little gamer with no life :unsure::pirate:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/Dazasterous/Sid_Meiers_Pirates_1987_Coverart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My gaming addiction started with commodore64 my first computer, I remember the ridiculous loading times for those games, they were no fun apart from getting mesmerised by the rapid colourful strips! :tongue:

The ones I spent most time on were,

- Flimbos Quest

- Kwik Snax (highly addictive)

- Several Dizzy games

- Fiendish Freddies Big Top o' Fun

- Klax

- Bubble Bobble

- Rainbow Islands

- New Zealand Story

- Shadow of the Beast (could never get far)

- Batman

- Ghostbuster (could never get far and had to wait for loading every time I lost my lives :wallbash:)

There were others but can't remember them right now. I spent most of my childhood indoors playing games, i've been addicted for over 20 years now and can't see me ever getting bored :biggrin:

BBC B/Master/Spectrum

Elite

Chucky Egg

Manic Miner/Jet Set Willy

Amiga

Frontier

Cannon Fodder

Flashback

PC

XCom

Mechwarrior 1 & 2

Doom/Quake/UT

X Beyond the Frontier

Elite was the culprit though... the others just accentuated it further. And yeah... those early load times... damn i hated it when you'd get 20 mins in and it would fail :D