Words Of Wisdom!

niphilim222

There once I played a game called Monopoly. I found it was for 4 year olds and up. I found another game called Clue. Again it has an age level one must be to play it with people older than it.

I keep thinking of the times I wanted to play a game that the elder children introduced me to. Only they and anyone around at the time had no time to play or wanted to play that musty old game.

Ah! A quizzical look on my face. I wonder if there are any board games for 70 year olds and Under?

We played a lot of Scrabble and Alfred Hitchcock's WHY? in times when TV in Belgium was just two channels (Belgium Flemish and Belgium French) and people sat outside talking to one another summer evenings. The Tour De France was followed in group hanging through someone's open window who had a TV in the living room. All in glorious black & white.

When cable arrived in 1975 we had to get a so called 'convertor' because there were eight channels available (two Belgium, two Holland, two French and two German) and the TV (a Telefunken colour with soft-touches) had only six.

And I remember watching Rin Tin Tin and Lone Ranger on my aunt's B&W TV that had the distorted barrel shape effect ... only going back 60 + years there. Much of the time there was only a test pattern on the broadcast.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...