Vortex vs NMM? Confused

shamiro1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

bro vortex is garbage always f***ing issues

You necroed a 7 month old thread for that "pearl of wisdom"?

Uhm, why not close old threads or delete them?

PS: I must agree with "Chiefsurf", if someone used NMM for a long time and then changed it in Vortex favor, it will be depressing :)

Well it's funny how I've tried new installation with Vortex and broke my game after silly 128mods installed, super dissapointing result for me. The learning curve cooming from NMM is easier even on MO2 rather than Vortex imho.

So I've switched to MO2 and probably not going to look back now. 180+ mods stable as hell. Vortex UI by far superior to NMM or MO or even WB but holy smokes Vortex functionality is something of puzzle to me

Vortex can do what NMM does and it already has loot rules built into it.

I used to be an NMM fan, but have switched to Vortex, the only thing Vortex needs is the ability to drag and drop in the load order.

Not really, since it can't even set a fu*kin directory.

It's not intuitive like NMM, it sucks at every step of using.

There is always some error that exists just because it can.

There is no normal way to do things like in NMM.

Yeah, You can set folder for downloading mods ( eg. D:\Vortex\download\{game}), but there is no such way for deployment folder.

It needs to be setup manually for every game and then You most likely get error cause it fuc*in doesn't like the way You do it.

When You activate mod few things to pick from there is a message telling You that this mod has multiple options and U can turn all of them, but You don't want it because You fuc*in chose option for You...

Imo, it's worse than nmm.

For today i uninstalled that sh*t and again run NMM for FO4, Skyrim and Witcher 3. Maybe I'll try it later again, when i will be less frustrated with that thing and have time to deal with that sh*t instead of playing.

"There's no such way for Deployment folder"

Seriously?

What do you think THIS setting is for?

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

Well it's funny how I've tried new installation with Vortex and broke my game after silly 128mods installed, super dissapointing result for me. The learning curve cooming from NMM is easier even on MO2 rather than Vortex imho.

So I've switched to MO2 and probably not going to look back now. 180+ mods stable as hell. Vortex UI by far superior to NMM or MO or even WB but holy smokes Vortex functionality is something of puzzle to me

I've got 307 mods installed in Skyrim SE, so I'm not sure what you did to mess up your 128 mod install, but it was definitely something on your end.

Vortex can do what NMM does and it already has loot rules built into it.

I used to be an NMM fan, but have switched to Vortex, the only thing Vortex needs is the ability to drag and drop in the load order.

Not really, since it can't even set a fu*kin directory.

It's not intuitive like NMM, it sucks at every step of using.

There is always some error that exists just because it can.

There is no normal way to do things like in NMM.

Yeah, You can set folder for downloading mods ( eg. D:\Vortex\download\{game}), but there is no such way for deployment folder.

It needs to be setup manually for every game and then You most likely get error cause it fuc*in doesn't like the way You do it.

When You activate mod few things to pick from there is a message telling You that this mod has multiple options and U can turn all of them, but You don't want it because You fuc*in chose option for You...

Imo, it's worse than nmm.

For today i uninstalled that sh*t and again run NMM for FO4, Skyrim and Witcher 3. Maybe I'll try it later again, when i will be less frustrated with that thing and have time to deal with that sh*t instead of playing.

"There's no such way for Deployment folder"

Seriously?

What do you think THIS setting is for?

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

Learn to understand what You are reading...

There is no such way for managed games, You need to do it AFTER You choose a game...

Unnecessary complication.

// Trying again from scratch.

It's so disappointing that far more people have problems with Vortex that NMM.

Seems that it's made by "power users" for "power users".

First launch of NMM -> 15 mins of installing mods -> Playing

First launch of Vortex -> 30 mins in settings, removing crap from UI, checking out every option there is -> installing mods -> trying to run game and getting errors saying that You fuc*ed up some config...

This is "welcome screen" after clean install of Vortex and just clicking "Manage" on SSE thumb...

Przechwytywanie.jpg

I've got 307 mods installed in Skyrim SE, so I'm not sure what you did to mess up your 128 mod install, but it was definitely something on your end.

it obviously was on my end and I know that, I had way too many overwrite prompts and also too many conflicts where I'd have to set up the order of which mod should go after which and that really confused me to bits. Did not have to do that in NMM or MO2. I'd say if I gave Vortex a proper chance and would really go deep to learn it's tricks, I'd probably end up really happy at the end of the day.

Installed MO2 started putting mods in right and left like crazy, brake the game, wen't back unchecked the mods bits by bits until found the one causing trouble and uninstalled it, really easy to tick/untick mods to see which is causing issues. Just feels super smooth and really have like 0 learning curve, most of the stuff is super common sense a bit like NMM was when I first started modding skyrim.

Like I said it's only my personal experience and how I see things, everyone is wired differently and what one might see as common sense other might need to delve into it and try to actually figure it out. For me Vortex will need figuring it out, MO did not, what do you think?

I've got 307 mods installed in Skyrim SE

So you made 307 to be less or equal to 255 limit? You see that is higher level of attention to detail and care while installing mods, not many people have it.

I managed to do it once only and that was with NMM, if I'd have to do this with Vortex I'd literally cry myself to sleep every night :D

Edited by shamiro1

Learn to understand what You are reading...

There is no such way for managed games, You need to do it AFTER You choose a game...

Unnecessary complication.

I read it JUST FINE.

You've just NOW changed your meaning.

You originally said "Yeah, You can set folder for downloading mods ( eg. D:\Vortex\download\{game}), but there is no such way for deployment folder."

NOWHERE did you say "MANAGED GAMES"

Anyway, I'm blocking you now.

You just want to complain, and change your story when called out, rather than asking for help, and I've wasted enough time on someone who can't even understand the very beginning basics of using the program, and want to blame the program for their shortcomings, rather than PEBCAK.