Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

I get why you need to do this but f*#@ turning adblock off on this site. The three times I was dumb enough to do that I managed to get a virus. I know you guys claim you fight back against shitty ad providers but yeah. Instead I bought a supporter pack. If anyone ever asks me if they should disable adblock or just buy lifetime membership I'll respond "do you prefer aids or cotton candy?"

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64183701. #64191081, #64204401, #64206866, #64229911, #64231896, #64309901, #64319131 are all replies on the same post.

zgrillo2004 wrote:

Hey. you want to stop us from using adblockers on the site? then how about remove the malware ridden ads from your site. If you cant, then Im keeping mine on. Deal with it.

megapolom wrote: Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.
reptileye wrote: Point taken but that isn't enough.

It's pathetic. People who can pay get the benefit but people who put actual content into the site don't? what a joke.
Forzane wrote: @reptileye you as a mod author CAN get ads removed...use your DP from your wallet and get Premium for 1 month and then after that month is up you go to Supporter ...boom no ads
KZadBhat wrote: Megapolom, you mean reward the site owners for willingly using malicious ads and giving them money to stop wasting our bandwidth and attempting to infect our computers? I don't understand why it's our place to reward bad behavior, even if it is only $2.
VoidPriest wrote: That is indeed a crazy thought mega, to have to pay to not have malware infested ads. There is a reason ad blocker exists to begin with it. Zgrillo has the right of it, Sorry.
lyoko1 wrote: More than stop people using adblockers on the site they are kind of rewarding the people that do not use them or that have the supporter account, if you have adblock you can continue using the site as always, whitout changes, they are not lowering the cap for adblockers, they are increasing the cap for non adblockers and supporters, adblockers can get the same cap they aleardy had.

Technically you can sandbox the web browser that way malwares are contained and would not harm your computer.

Bad ads are not the mistake of site owners, they are the mistake of ad networks, in nexus you can report bad ads you see in the forum and the site owners ask the ad network to remove them.
So they are not willingly using malicious ads, but there is not much they can do about it other than what they do, today malicious ads are very hard to detect from their end, because those ads are very ofuscated and hard to detect, and nexus is not google or some big company to have their own ad network and a very powerful algorithm to detect malicious ads.
hendersonca wrote: > Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.

Nice try. Not going to 'support' that attitude.

Its 2 dollars - what the hell is wrong with you? I wipe my behind with more than that.

Its 2 dollars - what the hell is wrong with you? I wipe my behind with more than that.

It adds up, Nexus has over 10 million members. Even if only 10% of them buy premium that makes the Nexus owners millionaires.

Except for the fact that practically all of that money would go to keeping the site online. Running a server with over 10 million members and hundreds of millions of downloads costs a hell of a lot of money.

In response to post #64388591. #64392036 is also a reply to the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: I am a premium member, have favourited the European servers, and my cap appears to 1.0MB/s. I never go above this.
Am I doing something wrong? Apologies if the raised cap is not yet in place.
I use Mod Organizer 2. MO2 does not place its own cap on downloads - I checked that on their Discord pages.
Please can this cap be checked?
Thank you, I doff my cap to you!
lyoko1 wrote: You need to log in the MO2, then clear cache in the MO2 close it, and reopen it as admin

Thank you!

In response to post #64419336.

MaxwellTanner wrote:

It adds up, Nexus has over 10 million members. Even if only 10% of them buy premium that makes the Nexus owners millionaires.

10%? Hah, it's nowhere near that high! Edited by Dark0ne

In response to post #64376966. #64415711 is also a reply to the same post.

BuffyKillsVampires wrote: Oh no, now my downloads are like 3 seconds slower, that'll teach me not to use adblock, you sure showed me
dungeons0 wrote: what a shitty attitude.

You don't get it, your downlaods are as fast as they always where, is just that if you buy the supporter thing or don't use adblock you now get extra speed.
Is a way to recompense to the ones that help support the site, whitout affecting the ones that can't or don't want.

In response to post #64411191.

Balx2 wrote: I get why you need to do this but f*#@ turning adblock off on this site. The three times I was dumb enough to do that I managed to get a virus. I know you guys claim you fight back against shitty ad providers but yeah. Instead I bought a supporter pack. If anyone ever asks me if they should disable adblock or just buy lifetime membership I'll respond "do you prefer aids or cotton candy?"

Isnt aids candy an option? or cotton aids?

just joking