Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64250616. #64250721 is also a reply to the same post.

valshares24 wrote: You killed NMM. I wish vortex a lot of problems and bugs.
DrBrobot wrote: NMM was bad at this point in time anyways, Vortex is great.

@valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isn’t dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :)

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations and Thanks! I've been using Vortex for some months in the alpha versions to mod Skyrim SE and I've been happy with the results. Now I will convert FO4 and start using the Profiles feature for both games. I look forward to the journey through beta to 1.0.

In response to post #64251556. #64252306 is also a reply to the same post.

Lloydd94 wrote: I want to try the new mod manager, but I'm actually very confused on it. Will it overwrite NMM or can I keep both while I learn how to use Vortex?
shadowedsyn wrote: Vortex will store your mods in a separate location, so you can still use NMM until you get the hang of Vortex.

When I installed and ran Vortex, it nuked my load order. That was quite a few versions ago, don't know if that's still a thing or not, but use at your own risk.

In response to post #64250831. #64251881 is also a reply to the same post.

LSiwora wrote: Hey Nexus team, thanks for this. I'm sadly one of the people that does not identify with Vortex; I'd just like to know whether it'd be possible to allow us to choose the manager we want to download with upon clicking the "Download with Manager" button, in the future, instead of just making it no longer compatible with NMM. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to things like this. :-)
silencer711 wrote: What particularly do you not identify with when it comes to Vortex, if I might ask? Not asking to be rude, I’m just analytical by nature. :)

I prefer to manage mods by myself, as in manually. The micromanagement makes me feel more confident about the in-game results and everything seems to work better that way (I've been modding Skyrim since 2011, using both BOSS and LOOT - they just didn't really seem to work well for me, imo).

Also, change doesn't come naturally to me. I don't love Vortex's interface (call me an old-fashioned modder, heh). It makes things easier, sure, but I guess that part of me just loves to crack down some puzzles that come with modding. I've had my fair share of that with Mod Organizer and, even though I loved using it, it was maybe a little bit too challenging for me. :P

Hope that answers your question. ^^

In response to post #64251591. #64251691 is also a reply to the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*#@ that!
Lloydd94 wrote: By the looks of things, they may be trying to force users to switch to a new mod manager like they did with how the site used to look.

How so? I only see an option to download and install Vortex if you choose to. There's nothing to stop you from continuing to use NMM. Where's the problem?

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126 are all replies on the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*#@ that!
Lloydd94 wrote: By the looks of things, they may be trying to force users to switch to a new mod manager like they did with how the site used to look.
LeonidasNerevar wrote: How so? I only see an option to download and install Vortex if you choose to. There's nothing to stop you from continuing to use NMM. Where's the problem?

@LeonidasNerevar The problem being if you wanted a easier and perhaps more stable modding experience as advertised through Nexus and wanted to switch over to Vortex, would the only choice be to redownload perhaps hundreds of mods from several games? Either way, support for NMM will be cut off eventually which means at some point you will basically have to switch over, or deal with manual downloads henceforth.