Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64241181. #64248516 is also a reply to the same post.

Robbie922004 wrote: Vortex is more of a headache than running other mod managers in tandem with LOOT. I would highly recommend against using this if you're a new mod user. Try Wrye, MO, or NMM + LOOT instead, and save yourself some hassle.

Manual load order adjustment is the most basic feature a mod manager can have, and Vortex doesn't have it. I know that you guys are committed to Vortex and, for some reason, this way of doing things. I just hope that you don't remove NMM completely to drive people to Vortex. I hope that you leave it up for download indefinitely.
Madcat221 wrote: Due to the lack of manual load order management, I cannot call Vortex a mod manager for BGS games... just a fancy UI wrapper for LOOT.

Well, if Vortex lacks manual load order management, how is it that I have been able to use Vortex to overwrite numerous mesh and some texture files when needed? And how is that I've been able to adjust plugin load order when needed? All these things I've done quite successfully for Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE without using the traditional drag and drop method. Furthermore. Vortex respects the changes that I have made and prevents LOOT from interfering with them.

There is indeed manual load order management in Vortex, but it's implemented in a different way than the traditional method. Edited by Augusta Calidia

In response to post #64241181. #64248516, #64248986 are all replies on the same post.

Robbie922004 wrote: Vortex is more of a headache than running other mod managers in tandem with LOOT. I would highly recommend against using this if you're a new mod user. Try Wrye, MO, or NMM + LOOT instead, and save yourself some hassle.

Manual load order adjustment is the most basic feature a mod manager can have, and Vortex doesn't have it. I know that you guys are committed to Vortex and, for some reason, this way of doing things. I just hope that you don't remove NMM completely to drive people to Vortex. I hope that you leave it up for download indefinitely.
Madcat221 wrote: Due to the lack of manual load order management, I cannot call Vortex a mod manager for BGS games... just a fancy UI wrapper for LOOT.
Augusta Calidia wrote: Well, if Vortex lacks manual load order management, how is it that I have been able to use Vortex to overwrite numerous mesh and some texture files when needed? And how is that I've been able to adjust plugin load order when needed? All these things I've done quite successfully for Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE without using the traditional drag and drop method. Furthermore. Vortex respects the changes that I have made and prevents LOOT from interfering with them.

There is indeed manual load order management in Vortex, but it's implemented in a different way than the traditional method.

I use Vortex, but with NMM for manual ordering. It's actually quite nice.

Just wanted to say that I've been using Vortex Testing since it was announced and have grown to really like it. Currently, I'm using it to manage Fallout 4, No Man's Sky and Skyrim SE. I have a relatively small amount of mods:

• FO4 - 64 mods, 10.3 GB
  • NMS - 18 mods, 7.7 MB
  • SSE - 77 mods, 18.7 GB

With the above, I have not encountered any game breaking, showstopper bugs with how it manages things. It is also very quick to deploy the mods - 24,794 files only took a minute or so to deploy for FO4. I had a case where the game crashed immediately upon startup, so I reverted to a clean install folder by disabling all mods, deploying and then disabling remaining plugins. This took a whole 2 minutes, and allowed me to boot the game and start figuring out which mod was the culprit.

Sure, there have been some UI annoyances, but things seem to get better and/or fixed with each new release. Unless there is some major issue that breaks everything with my mod configurations, I will be sticking with Vortex. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Hey Nexus team, thanks for this. I'm sadly one of the people that does not identify with Vortex; I'd just like to know whether it'd be possible to allow us to choose the manager we want to download with upon clicking the "Download with Manager" button, in the future, instead of just making it no longer compatible with NMM. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to things like this. :-)

Hey Nexus team, thanks for this. I'm sadly one of the people that does not identify with Vortex; I'd just like to know whether it'd be possible to allow us to choose the manager we want to download with upon clicking the "Download with Manager" button, in the future, instead of just making it no longer compatible with NMM. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to things like this. :-)

The download button is still compatible with all current mod managers, including NMM. They simply changed the text of the message.